BDC Rules and regs changes for 2012

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Cowpatmatt, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Cowpatmatt

Cowpatmatt Active Member

Hey,

Will there be any changes for the 2012 rules and regs or is it safe to just go by the 2011 rule book?
    Just sorting out a shopping list of car parts and safety gear and need to know if I have to add anything to it or make changes:thumbs:

cheers
    Matt

2. Phil Mann

Phil Mann Member

From reading them the other day you have to have a handheld fire extinguisher within reach of the driver for 2012.

3. Psychogopher

Psychogopher Member

Rumour of more rule changes such as making a mid engie monster like DW S15 is this true or can we build one for BDC?

4. -jamie-

-jamie- StrongFlex UK

Hope not!

5. Psychogopher

Psychogopher Member

Not as much as me! Thomas now wants to drift his S14 and another was talking about ANOTHER mid engined S14!!

6. Kerbsty

Kerbsty Active Member

Funny enough I was just looking for the rules & regs for 2012 and saw this thread - hope that is the only change that'd be SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!!
    I do have a hand held in there already and had it all throughout last season within my reach but it's NOT FIA approved - Sweeps can you shed any light on this does the hand held need to be FIA? FANKS :-D

7. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

Thre are quite a few changes this year is what iv gathered from talking to sweeps. I'd wait for them to be released before you make any changes. Or talk bdc about planned changes. A few things wer discussed at the dinner and dance, and yes engines put throgh the bulk head won't be allowed, unless it was build before the rule change.

8. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Quick! Everyone do it while you still can! lol

9. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

sounds interesting no bulk head/spaceframe stuff please. it makes sence on so many levels.

10. Suprash

Suprash spl dori mater

Why ? Yours aint through the bulkhead is it ?

11. Scoobystu

Scoobystu tag-less

Polo re the through the bulk head thing? surely it shouldnt make any difference if its done before the change or after,
    either its a rule or not ???

12. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

Stu, in the meeting it was discussed about what happens with this rule.

As many people have built cars without the rule in place it's only fair they have suitable time to reconsider etc, any car that attends the logging day at Teesside with engine through bulkhead (or similar rule) will be clear to compete in that car for 2 years.

So basically the rule comes into play the day after the logging day, any cars that dont attend the logging day will not be clear for the following 2 years.

13. Scoobystu

Scoobystu tag-less

well that kinda makes more sense lozza
    so in 2 years time (if they are logged at teesside rnd 1) a car with a altered bulkhead/engine moved back (eg the dw s15) will not meet rules for competing !?
    if they are not logged at teeside rnd 1 then they will not meet rules from there on

14. BDC

BDC BDC FTW!

Ladies and gents

We are making a few final changes to get the correct wording so as not to have any confusion with new and different rules from 2011.

Yes there will be rules in place regarding bulkheads, we hope to release them this week on the BDC website. All will be explained when they are released. If anyone has any questions they need answering we can always be contacted at bdc@live.co.uk

Many thanks

The BDC team.

15. Suprash

Suprash spl dori mater

Surely it would make sense that if BDC want to inforce this rule, then only cars that competed last year or previously should be allowed. Otherwise people will just rush to get the car to Round 1 just to dodge the rule for the next 2 years. That way they have less cars competing that miss that rule making it more equal for everyone.

16. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

What if someones been busting their ass to build a car for 2012 though? It's not fair to inforce such a rule without quite a bit of notice.

I think this is a good way personally not that it affects me in any way lol i've got a stock s14! lol

17. skyline

skyline Active Member

have we had the 2012 ruels yet?