Commentators?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by david_connoll, Jun 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. david_connoll

david_connoll Member

What's up with the commentators, they seemed more like to lads just hanging out than actual commentators.
    Are they not quite racist too?
    Stuff like every battle was great? There was some battles early on that really were just one car drifting and the other making a mess of it. That track seemed so tricky too, nice I suppose it's a bit different but far from ideal for close drifting.

2. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

What was said that was racist?

3. NikH

NikH Member

If you think you can do better then get onto the BDC staff... Takes balls to get on a livestream and talk constantly for hours..

4. fletty

fletty New Member

I thought there was nothing wrong with them, kept the viewers involved in the loop of who won the battles etc perfectly all whilst having a bit of banter at the same time.

I loved how they kept hesitating before saying things like "full retard" and "big gay wing" haha.

5. mint

mint touch my fruit

I cant imagine it being an easy task to constantly talk about something that everyone is watching anyway, and there will always be a conflict of opinions between the judge and crowd etc, so I dont think its fair to be commenting on their performance if the drivers were shit, as that's not their fault. Its their job to keep the crowd going, when the driving has dried up etc.

The racism thing is different, if you really feel that they were being racist then you should maybe fire them an email and make them aware your concerns so that they can make sure not to it again, as its highly unlikely they would be spouting racist shit over a speaker system towards a shit ton of people lmao, so its possibly your interpretation, which is ok if it is, as everyone now is over PC and takes offence to fucking everything.

6. david_connoll

david_connoll Member

Suppose not exactly racist sorry, more not so PC, did they not slag off irish people most of the times an irish driver was out. I get it they slag everyone all the time, it just seemed a bit like the cast of inbetweeners was commentating.
    I'm in no way saying it's easy. But constantly slagging off drivers and irish people, and making gay jokes, just a bit in poor taste for me. But maybe I'm the unusual one and most like that style of commentary?

7. mint

mint touch my fruit

I think people were there to watch drifting, not give a shit what 2 randoms on mics had to say about it, thats my take on these things anyway.

Also, I think alot of the world laughs about the Irish, Just jealously because you have all the twin cams ;) and most Irish drifters are really good drivers. I doubt the drivers would of taken it personally, so I dont think you should. As I say, people take offence to everything.. its a shame tbh as it means the deletion of free speech to make sure someone else doesnt get but hurt.

8. holdawayt

holdawayt Member

Christ they were only saying "Potato". It's not like F1 where everyone is all serious and by the book.
    It's still a very "everyman" form of motorsport in my eyes, with that comes a bit of fun and banter.

They also apologised for Jack's swearing. I honestly didn't expect them to bother but they took the professional approach there.

9. silverzx

silverzx Member

There is a volume control for a reason.. :D

10. scouse

scouse Active Member

The only things said were like"potato" tirty tree n a turd,little bit of humour and all that.
    just remember it's drifting not f1 and it's all about fun.

11. Bagpuss

Bagpuss Member

I wouldn't be so quick to judge them, as others have said its difficult to go and talk about one thing for hours on end, especially in a way that engages people and doesn't involve swearing, hell I can't even hold a two minute conversation without swearing or being offensive in some way.

12. 93s13nick

93s13nick Member

They know the drivers so its just banter at friends, they kept me laughing and watching so I say good job to them. I've been impressed with the level of professionalism considering they have no prior experience, I can't go 5mins without swearing

13. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

If you find this racist then personally you need your head read IMO

14. docwra

docwra Active Member

Remember when I got threatened with legal action for calling someone a "Paddy"?

15. david_connoll

david_connoll Member

What about the Gay slaggings? As in it's bad to be gay so lets make jokes about someone being gay. Not exactly welcoming to gay friends.
    And no I don't think PAddy is ok to call people. Having listened to FD, D1JP , AllStars Euro and the Irish Drifting people commentating, these guys have some room for improvement, is that ok to say?

16. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

wow you need to take that chip off your shoulder............. badum tish !

17. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Corrected :)

And since when has gays been anything to do with race?

18. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

David has a point, if drifting wants to be taken seriously then we need professionalism in all areas. Commentary needs to be of a standard that 'could' be aired on live TV.

19. docwra

docwra Active Member

Yet we have "Paddys Day" every year, the Irish football supporters call themselves Paddys Army, you can buy Paddy Whiskey ....... oh, and Im 1/4 Irish myself.

20. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

What do you call two gay Irish men?

Patrick Fitzgerald and Gerald Fitzpatrick

Lighten the feck up. Sliding cars round a corner isn't suppose to be serious. Having to talk constantly in a sport that is 30 seconds of action for every 5 minutes of waiting is pretty difficult! There isn't a queue of people waiting to volunteer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.