S13 unequal ride height

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by _tommy_v, Jan 25, 2015.

1. _tommy_v

_tommy_v Member

I am having big problems trying to get equal ride height between the left and right hand side of the car. After measuring the thread on each coilover to make sure its the same the passenger side is around 8mm higher than the drivers both when it is jacked up (passenger side hangs lower) and when its on the ground.

I have tried different coilovers both times with the anti roll bar disconnected.

The car is not crash damaged and is perfectly straight.

I have standard s13 knuckles with s14 hubs. S13 coilovers, driftworks camber arms and caster arms. I have taken it all apart and measured everything to make sure its the same each side.

I have had tracking done but havnt yet had a chance to have camber or caster done.

Any input welcome.

HELP

2. sukhy96

sukhy96 Member

Mine is the same too, maybe its because fuel tank on drivers side ? im pretty out of ideas as to why it is on my 14.

3. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

its because it is an old Nissan, I wouldn't loose any sleep over it. just set the ride height by eye.

4. kaskev

kaskev New Member

You dont set ride height on the coilover before you fit except to give you a rough starting point. The weights of the car will be different on each corner to its very likely you will have to adjust the ride height afterwards. Theres usually some good guides on the web for setting your car up