Strut Bars

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by 325i_Hoonigan, May 28, 2015.

1. 325i_Hoonigan

325i_Hoonigan Member

Hi peeps

I have been doing some searching but I cant find the answer I am looking for

I have a 92 e36 325i

and I want to put in strut bars, I dont ant to waste my money so do I only need the front as the objective is to loose traction in the rear ?

Thanks in advance

2. chodjinn

chodjinn Active Member

Strut bars are designed to stiffen up the chassis, and they're a relatively cheap and effective modification. If you want a more drifty setup, play around with the anti roll bars, a lot of people seem to remove them for drifting.

3. 325i_Hoonigan

325i_Hoonigan Member

from what I have read up on its a bad idea to remove the rear sway bar, idealy what I would like to do is to upgrade the front and leave the rear one stock

4. zornyan

zornyan Guest

Strut braces aren't worth any money, seriously they make s tiny tiny difference if any. Hell most of them have so many link bolts in them they flex just as much as anything else. It definitely would not help when drifting.

5. chodjinn

chodjinn Active Member

Horses for courses, depends on what you like the feel of, everyone is different. There are plenty of drift cars running no ARBs at all, some with rear ones etc etc.

6. 325i_Hoonigan

325i_Hoonigan Member