Real car setup vs Radio controlled Rwd car

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Skovsnegl, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Skovsnegl

Skovsnegl New Member

Hi guys :wave:

So i've thought a long time asking other guys/crew's with real drift cars questions, how they do things and etc etc so dig in and let this thread move sideways :)

--

I run a remote-controlled race car with rear-wheel drive, we use a gyroscope to help us to catch it because of we do not feel for the car besides our eyes.

My own drift car is built at the factory to have the engine in front, like a conventional car with a shaft through the car.

My question is then, since shock absorbers, springs and adjustment opportunities and different thicknesses of oil is the same what do you have running in your car.?

How is your setup compared to progressive springs in hardness and front to rear balance.

Which hardness do you have the oil in the shock absorbers - is it a form of selection as by in RC going from 100 (softest) to up to 1300 (hardest) in viscosity.

Also our cars running up to 80 ° steering angle in order to "save" the car so much since we run on specially made hard plastic tires and can sometimes run wide angles, how much do you have typically in your cars?

I've tried to describe it as best as i can :)

#1 Skovsnegl, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2015
  2. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Summer's here.

3. PurcyP

PurcyP Member

Think you better google how car shock absorbers work.

Before you impale yourself on a pressurised damper because you wanted to stick the finest team associated 45 weight oil in.

4. Skovsnegl

Skovsnegl New Member

I already know how the shocks work, i'm just curious what the actual drifters choose given the car's weight balance since most setup in RC is to set the front springy/hard and the rear mushy/soft - but it was just to get an idea how folks in real drifting are setting their cars up.

5. status unknown

i just get in and drift...

6. Skovsnegl

Skovsnegl New Member

It is not just get in and drift.. In the RC world if you have the wrong weight oil or too soft/hard springs the car will fail at drifting properly..

7. Bobalob

Bobalob Member

Arnt most RC drifters 4wd?