Snatchy transitions

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by victim, Aug 3, 2015.

1. victim

victim Bimmer Skidder

Since using my newly built E36 I have noticed that transitions are very snatchy, not as smooth as my previous E36 and I have to fight the wheel quite a bit in comparison.

My previous E36 was a coupe on budget ebay coilovers, had e46 bottom arms with polybushes, cut hubs, steering rack spacers and everything else chassis wise was stock.

My current e36 is a saloon with gusseted 6pt rollcage, HSD Dualtech coilovers with adjustable camber top mounts, e46 bottom arms, cut hubs, steering rack spacers, fully polybushed, rear camber arms set to 0.

What might be my issue? What is causing such a big difference? Could it possibly just be alignment? if so then what settings do you all run?

Any help would be massively appreciated guys. Thanks.

2. Vell

Vell Member

Hello,

0 camber and soft rears can lead to those symptoms.
    Usually it needs more steering wheel work before the transition otherwise it can be really hard to handle.
    Stiffening rears can help you a bit (tire pressure, coilover setting). If you are not used to 0 camber you can try to go back to -0.5 / -1 too.

3. victim

victim Bimmer Skidder

I was thinking that about the camber. Almost too much grip on the rear. Thanks

4. BoiRacer91

BoiRacer91 New Member

Did this ever make it better? I'm having the opposite. Nice smooth transitions but Not enough grip, what spring rates have you got with the HSD's??