Bottom strut thread gone ?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by BillyS13, Sep 1, 2015.

1. BillyS13

BillyS13 New Member

Basically took the s13 for an mot and turns out the front passengers coilover isn't great. Where the threaded part goes into the bottom but if the strut , it's loose :( like wobbles side to side! It screws in there still . There eBay coilys . Is there anyway I can get round fixing it or have I got to get new set of coilys?

2. Dastardly

Dastardly Member

It sounds like you need new coilovers. I imagine the threads are slightly worn, and if that's the case you can't repair them because the two halves wouldn't screw into each other anymore. Hope that makes sense.

3. BillyS13

BillyS13 New Member

Yeh they do screw together by they have play like side to side . Was thinking maybe some sort of chemical metal down there then screw them together so it's solid ?

4. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Would be better to just get them welded up rather than chemical metal.
    They will disintegrate in the next 6 months anyway.

5. Boss

Boss Member

you sure youre not missing a locking collar?

6. BillyS13

BillyS13 New Member

I have 2 adjusters bud ?

7. BillyS13

BillyS13 New Member

Just looked at other coilovers and there looks like there should be 2 adjusters and a locking collar at the bottom , so I'm guessing that's gone walkies or te bloke never fitted them with them (bare in mind this bloke is a class A bellend who sold me the car )

But would the locking collar make it ok if I get another one ? As I don't see how that would stop the side to side movement ?

8. BillyS13

BillyS13 New Member

Just looked at the drivers side and yes it appears I'm missing the bottom collar! Now where do I find another one, not sure on brand of coilys , the bottom part is orange with anodised orange collars if anyone can help on that?