Budget Volvo 240 suspension?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by E28+245, Jan 19, 2017.

1. E28+245

E28+245 New Member

Hey all, first post here. I'm putting together a Volvo 245 drift wagon and need some suspension advice. I think I know what I'm going to do for springs, stock 240gt turbo springs in the front (35% stiffer than normal) and wagon overload springs in the rear but I thought I read somewhere that certain Jeep or Mustang springs are a stiff upgrade and much cheaper but I can't find anything about that...I want to leave it at stock height so stiffer lowering springs are out.
    Where I need help is in the shock/strut department. I can't really afford $600-700 worth of Koni Yellows or Bilstein HD's, what I did see, were KYB Gas-A-Just shocks/struts for $40/per. That's pretty reasonable and I could definitely swing that. My question is, are they any good? I don't want to spend $200 on bits just for them to be junk or crap out on me after 1000 miles. If they aren't, does anyone have any "budget" alternatives to high price name brands? I appreciate all the help.
    Thanks!

TL;DR: Are KYB Gas-A-Just shocks worth the money? If not, do you have a better solution? Thanks for your help