Choppys 200sx S13 - DIY Build.

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by chopaholic, Jan 29, 2010.

1. chopaholic

chopaholic Well-Known Member

Choppys S13 - Purple Kouki Widebody.

Bought this last Monday as a project to keep me ticking over until the summer, it is the first RWD car i have owned...

After months of drooling over S13 Image/Videos i finally got my ass into gear and put the feelers out for one, eventually picked this one up from Wayne @ SWRC (Top bloke :)) the car has no engine or gearbox and is missing bits and pieces from the interior but it suits my need perfectly, and the price was right!

Got the car home and found the car had rear coilovers in it (Kei Office?) which was a nice surprise, also found a hole on the driver side sil which will need welded! The bonnet has been dented around the front after it was lent to another S13 which had a smash but other than that the car seems pretty solid with no other rust!

As i cant insure the car for decent moneys until July ( My 20th Birthday) i will be trying to have the car on the road for then!

Currently i am driving my Honda Civic EG which i built last year, it is currently for sale to fund a Sr20 swap/Runaround car!

[​IMG]

Anyway enough of my chit chat and on with some pictures...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First things first i decided to give my garage a good clearing out and a quick lick of paint, this took up pretty much all of my time today but it was worth it in the end!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Updates should come next week some stage when i get the car in the garage and start to strip it down!

Thanks for looking..

Dylan.

:wack:

#1 chopaholic, Jan 29, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  2. spin-king

spin-king Active Member

Liking the civic.

Good starting base have no engine/box leaves you with options which you seem to already have decided on sr-ing it.

What bits are missing i may have some

3. chopaholic

Thanks man! Yea the SR swap seems to be the viable one at the moment money wise!

Well i bought a Driver window mechanism already, need some dash surrounds as seen in the pictures, need 2 front coilovers, Dials/speedo, 2 front discs - Thats what i know for now, havent got it into the garage yet to get a good loook around it! Only thing is money is tight until next month! :wack:

Have a Fixed Bride seat and a HKS Hi Power exhaust waiting to go on to :)

:D

4. 200alsx

200alsx Member

I love to see a project like this makes the end result so much better to see. good luck with it mate

5. mad mel

mad mel New Member

il mabye get up to yours to hel out sometimes... but as you know, it should be an epic build. looking to do the same ow myself, to fulfill the days im not at uni...

6. NORFY

NORFY Active Member

good luck with the build fella. love projects that start off like this with plenty of bits missing :)

7. SCOTT_28

SCOTT_28 Member

Nice project youve got yourself there mate. Keep us upto date with progress.

8. Sideways Simon

Sideways Simon Caution- Tail swing!

Nice project indeed... that'll keep you busy anyhow! good luck with it & looking forward to seeing the progress

9. chopaholic

An update without pictures :( Cant find the charger for my SLR so i wont have any until i find it! lol

Removed the Dash + Looms + Everything from the engine bay! Rest of the interior is out and i have started to strip out the sound deadening (Cunt) Also took a peek in the fuel tank and found a walbro fuel pump! Insides of the car are pretty mint with the exception of 1 slight rust spot which is an easy fix!

My next dilemma is the colour of which to do the car..

My original plan was hot pink insides with chocolate brown exterior, but i have seen 1 or 2 done similar on SXOC and Here (Initial J's and some Ps13!) So that has kind of put me, not that brown is not a sexy colour but i just dont want it to be known as the S13 which copied such and such!

As i am going for a USDM look i was thinking on some Purples or Pinks for the full car?

For example..

[​IMG]

OR

[​IMG]

Dylan.

10. counteract

counteract -o=me

Cool stuff, you are the Choppy that used to be on Digimods right?

I'm liking the S13, colours are your choice, I was going to say that those have been done before here too, but then, being original is so hard now!

11. chopaholic

Yea Thats me! Haven't been near it in years after i got banned lol

I agree about all the colours being done although over here not so much as half the country still think its cool to have Dare V5's, Cut Springs and lots of diesel! :confused:

12. chopaholic

A quick update..

Car is stripped down with 90% of the sound deadning removed, The interior + Engine looms are gone, Brake lines/ABS unit are gone, All interior is gone bar wheel + column!

Next stage is to remove the battery tray of death and get the rust cut out + patched! Excuse the mess of the garage it needs a bit of a spring clean again!

Still undecided on the colour scheme :( Picture of ideas included below!

Next updates shouldnt be to long!

Bare looking car.
    [​IMG]

Battery Tray of Death.
    [​IMG]

Inside.
    [​IMG]

Nuts/Bolts carefully packed!
    [​IMG]

Done some photoshop work on an american 240sx which suits to the sort of styling i want the car to have to give me an idea for colour schemes!

[​IMG]

and here is a link for a higher resolution so everything can be seen clearly!

http://www.northcoastcruisers.com/Montage(small).jpg

Dylan.

13. counteract

counteract -o=me

Pink or grey would do it for me, but depends on how close you actually get it to that 240. Very nice though, greay or pink.

14. 200_addict

200_addict New Member

car looks awsom

15. 200_addict

200_addict New Member

go for pink

16. chopaholic

Cheers guys, I think its between Purple/Pink/Grey at the moment :wack:

17. riske

riske Member

I think you should go for that brown colour (2nd from the right) Havent seen that colour anywhere and it looks badass. Then have the interior the pink (middle)

When you stripped the loom etc do you have to cut the loom to remove it. What do you do? Doing mine soon.

18. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

looking good dylan! i think the brown is the better of the P/S but the same colour as your EG would look pretty cool.

19. chopaholic

Cheers!

The loom was pretty easy to get out, more hassel than anything else.. The only thing i had to cut out was the Alarm as it had been wired in such a way that it needed cut out! Everything else should be straight foward!

@ Struggle, Thanks man! Everyone seems to be saying Brown :thumbs: Never doing an Army Green car again after the luck i have had with the Civic! :wack:

20. SCOTT_28

SCOTT_28 Member

I think you should paint it grey. Maybe a dark metalic grey though?