Hudson's street/drift PS13

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Hudson., Apr 27, 2010.

1. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Picked my PS13 from Southampton docks today, thought id whack up a thread to update as the car progresses!!

Its a street car but will be prepped for use in anger at as many practice days that I can get to.

Got a fair few ideas in my head of how I want it to turn out, as I say its a street car so wont be entirely stripped out and ridiculous. A decent all rounder, usdm style and a fairly simple, yet capable drift weapon is the name of the game!

I had an s13 for the whole of '09 (first rwd car) that I really liked, only managed one pratice day while I had it but was definately hooked. Heres my old build thread..

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/dri...01-jdmgravy-s-s13-project-build-whatever.html

Had a change of plans and ended up importing a ps13! Got it via Japaneseusedcars.com, Rees is a top bloke and I really reccomend using JUC if youre going to import, really pleased, great service.

Bought the car on auction back towards the end of January and it came off the boat on friday. I was looking for a decent base to start from, clean enough with a few decent bits on to get me started. I really wanted to stay away from cars which had too many bits, as id rather build the car myself than buy one already done, change the wheels over and drive around like im awesome!

Here's what I ended up with:

1991 Redtop silvia.
    75k miles on the clock.
    Greddy front mount.
    HKS coilovers.
    Catback kakimoto eggsauce.
    Bride bucket brix recliner.
    Defi link controller with a Defi boost gauge.
    HKS shroom filter.
    Blitz turbo timer.
    Cusco rear strut bar.
    ABS delete.
    2-way lsd.
    Momo wheel.

16 x weak Volk GTR splitrims.
    Enkei splitrim spare.
    Tinted rear and rear quater windows.

Heres how it looks, filthy straight off the boat! Excuse the wanky iphone pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Driving it home theres a pretty ghey missfire at about 1/4 throttle, have changed the plugs over but hasnt helped, although feels alot smoother. Havnt had a chance to have a proper look yet, trying different coilpacks tomorrow.

Its got a few carpark dings and the front bumper is proplerly haggered where its been smashed up a curb by the looks of things but im chuffed with it!

Got a few bits to go on from my old car, and afew other bits that I bought while waiting for it to get here.

HSD's from my old car will be going on and the HKS ones sold on, I think, as theyre still on my old car which I sold to a mate!

Swapped over the steering wheel and fitted my old Nardi deep corn.

Also bought a Bride Zeta fixed back bucket for the driver, which is attatched to a DW seat frame. Was going to sell the Bride recliner but sitting in it, its soo nice so I think ill use it as a passenger seat instead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also have some badass rims that will be going on asap, once I find an arch roller!

16x10 et0 and 16x10 et-12 Diamond Racing steels that I bought from america, were going to be fitted to my old s13 but I sold it, so these puppys will be going on this car, and the car will be on its arse, should look ace.

Need to find some sideskirts though! Heres what they looked like test fitted to my old car :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dont want to go OTT with styling yet, a kit and some bigger wheels will be coming at some point in the future but id rather concentrate on getting the skills before it looks all tarty and slick nameeen?!

Took all this crapola out when I got it back:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its had a big gay wing on it at some point, which is a pain in the anus looking at the amount of holes left!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Booked in for MOT tomorrow, used red lamp fixing tape over one of the rear reverse lights, gonna rig the foglight into it tomorrow, hopefully should all be plane sailing.

Put my name down for Norfolk arena on the 9th, so hopefully should have it all on the road running well by then :thumbs:.

Will hopefully be changing quite quickly so ill keep everything updated!! Ive also been blogging for a little while as I have waay to much time on my hands, its nothing badass but ill be adding shizzle to that as things progress.

Battleaxe.

Cheers!!

#1 Hudson., Apr 27, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  2. markturbo

markturbo Tarmac scrapper

AWESOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Can't wait for the steelies to go on. Chuffed for you that its here, and that all is good :thumbs:

3. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Seems like you can't make your own mind up!

4. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Cheers dude!! Yeah cant wait to get stuck in!

Haha, when I say stripped out I mean alot more than just rear seat and boot interior, the rest is staying as is.

5. counteract

counteract -o=me

I'm also looking forward to seeing the wheels on it, have you thought about possibly pulling the arches, or jun overs?

6. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Yeah it will defo need a pull!! Not a fan of JUN arches really so will be going with an average size flair and plenty of stretch instead. Tyre choice im quite limited, as I dont want a fat sidewall, im thinking 205/45's but its going to have to be pretty decked to pull it off! Should be good :)

7. SCOTT_28

SCOTT_28 Member

Looks really nice dude. I wouldnt even put a kit on it.
    Id put the new rims on and lower it.. Job done.

8. jimmy crowley

jimmy crowley Rouge Dori s15

will be a nice project as for ur misfire trust me on this i had the problem remove fuel pump and check the fuel tank for sludge and rust before you go a step further

9. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Ok yeah wont hurt to have a look in there, its not got an uprated pump so that doesnt help the situattion, although its only at .5 bar an the mo.

If there is shite in the tank what can be done about it? Cheers for the heads up

10. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

oh, and WHERE did you find this:
    [​IMG]

It's fucking gorgeous. I want one.

11. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Ebay!!

I decided to sell the Brix so looked for a replacement, checked ebay saw it and bought it within the hour for a sweet price outside of ebay. Properly nice seat, although is a bit toit!

12. Robbs

Robbs FRANTIC

cant wait to see the wheels on, as i said to you earlier, if your gonna strip it out you may as well do it all, front and back, carpets, sound deadening etc, otherwise its just gonna be all light on the rear and unbalanced, otherwise just put the seats back in and leave the boot empty, whats the point in a half uncomfortable car, make it fully uncomfortable but light or fully comfortable and usefull :D

13. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

Theres no way im having people in the back when its lowered, so id rather remove the temptation and not have anything for them to sit on lol.

Besides its only a sponge and a bit of carpet ive removed, hardly mental lightening effort is it :wack: . You know the steelies arent light so the rear isnt going to be tippy-toeing around while theyre fitted haha!

Main reason I took the rear clobber out is to fit tyres in, not much room otherwise, especially with a rear bulkhead unlike the s13 :nod:

14. Robbs

Robbs FRANTIC

spose so but but they are a touch front heavy to start with so you may as well do it properly eh ;)

15. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

you can fit 13 17inch tyres in ;) with tools and stuff..

looks nice!

16. Toolman

Toolman Member

You kept the steelies in the end then!

There goin to look sooooo good on the car, can't wait for pics!

17. Dex

Dex kut!

how much were the steelies? i LOVE EM!

18. Hyperion

Hyperion Member

hi could you tell me the backspace you orderer when bying these rims?

noice car btw

thx

19. James_H

James_H Member

BTW Rich, watch out on ebay with Brides. Alot of them aren't Brides but Taiwan copies.

Hope thats not the case and the car looks fuckin schweet! Get them Steelies on and spankly colours on the inside with the bride and it will be sexual.

20. Magic21

Magic21 Active Member

Nice project. I like the steelies.