Mules nz ae70

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by d1 mule, Aug 18, 2010.

1. d1 mule

d1 mule Member

***Mr Mules NZ AE85***

hi, new to the forum so thought id post up my piece

its a 1982 AE70 corolla, basically a 2 door ke70 with a 3au and s series diff.

I brought it about 2 years ago running a 4age, k50, S series locker, cage, and shit D2 adjustables and a link computer. Was putting out a massive 88whp

looked like this:
    [​IMG]

I used it as i brought it for a couple rounds of competetion and a few practise days, but it wasnt really powerful enough to be competetive so I came up with a plan to make some money and get aome bits that i needed along the way. so i brought this ae85

[​IMG]

with 4age with a run big end, W55 supra box, 8' G series hilux diff and TRD/koni suspension, and basically swapped the shells onto wach others mechanical bits over summer, bar the run bearing 4age.

i then sold the ae85 ana made enough $$$ to buy a low KM 4agze that i ripped all the SC shit off and turboed, got it all in and running only to have it run mains on the dyno.

so a rebuild and about $1300 later this was its new heart
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

all in and tuned to 230 WHP at 14psi as the brand new clutch started to slip on the dyno. had it changes to wasted park/individual coil too as looks much better and better spark.
    [​IMG]

durimg the whole engine built i got some chassis work done, equal length 4 links and an extra bar in the roll cage
    [​IMG]

heres the hilux diff, rose jointed 4 links, tracton brackets , cressida rear brakes etc
    [​IMG]

the maze of wires that keeps it all going
    [​IMG]

the gauges
    [​IMG]

hyd handbrake
    [​IMG]

thats pretty much it, iv just sold all my wheels to upgrade to 15s and im all ready for the upcoming NZ drift south season

[​IMG]

oh just got these bad boys back from the powder coaters
    [​IMG]

here how it was sitting on the 14/8/10
    [​IMG]
    gold wheels now geen

cheers

#1 d1 mule, Aug 18, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  2. bamber

bamber 'The Vision'

cool ae mate. got any videos of it ripping?

3. d1 mule

d1 mule Member

na nothing of the new setup, hopefully doing a mission to a go cart track in the next couple of weeks then the comp starts mid september so will have soon.

4. jap-si

jap-si Active Member

that's cool as fuck. want.

5. ma70jake

ma70jake Member

Nice car dude. :thumbs:

6. eatsleepdrift

eatsleepdrift Member

cool bus

Very cool.. stick in a 1UZ....:thumbs:

7. d1 mule

d1 mule Member

man, i was sososo close to potting a 1UZ in before i brought the GZE, but the fact all the mounts bolted up and the computer was already wired and simi tuned for it, it was just too cost effective no to put the gze in

anways, i brought some wheels yesterday 15x8 0 offset, been busy today with a couple cans of fluro paint lol

the 14x7 0off hero rock with my towing wheels some gay moto forms things with mad new paint lol
    [​IMG]

the DTM banzais
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

evidently its ll about the fluro haha

8. d1 mule

d1 mule Member

been a while since iv updated, the car is still pretty much the same bar a few minor things, fixed a few teething issues and competed in 2 rounds of Drift South and done a few speed events inbetween drift rounds.

round 1 was the first time id driven with my new power and i managed to qualify 9th out of 40 odd cars, which i was super duper stoaked with, i came up against a 650whp skyline in my battle who got the better of me leaving me 10th overall for the day which was sweet.

inbetween round 1 and 2 i spent a bit of cash on some 15x8 DTM banzai wheels, some federal simi slicks for the front, a AJPS rack extention, rose jointed my bottom arms and got a new wheel alignment. (will get pics tomorro)

Round 2 saw us using a track id never hit before, with a 4th gear entry flanked by walls on 3 sides, needless to say it didnt go too well for me lol.

after 2 or 3 runs trying to enter where all the top guys were tapped out 3rd gear my passenger Danny told me to man up and hit it in 4th, so i did tapped in 4th gear in my little old corolla, i switched too shallow causing my entry angle to be too shallow, BANG side on into the tire wall at somewhere between 130-150, causing us to do i full mid air 360 spin. we checked the damage, everything important still seemed to be where it was ment to be, smacked the guard out a bit and carried on. But due to the crash my confidence was gone so didnt end up qualifying. still 16th in the championship tho

RED team before the accident i think (myself, Simons mad 3SGE SE85, beau/addicteds LS1 R32)
    [​IMG]

the damage
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

at least now ig got an excuse to paint it in the RED team guise lol, just gotta convince my mate mike to pannel it.

cheers

9. d1 mule

d1 mule Member

took/found some pics

heres the 195 50 15 federal DOT approved simi slicks and AJPS rack extention. cant say enough good things about these two mods, AMAZING improovement
    [​IMG]

put some 25mm spacers on the back giving me 15x8 -25 essentially
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

just a random engine bay pic *note the sweet milk bottle oil catch can lol
    [​IMG]

the SURfab rose jointed bottom arms, T3 RCA and Redline castor arms
    [​IMG]

the AJPS rack spacer on the rack
    [​IMG]

the lock with the rack spacer
    [​IMG]

madness

#9 d1 mule, Jan 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  10. Colbskee

Colbskee Member

That thing is mad! Love it. I love the Weird 6 window coupes(can't remember the correct name) and i love aussy front ends. Good car man, will keep and eye on this one

11. d1 mule

d1 mule Member

started the pannel work this weekend, coming along nicely. HUGE thanks to Bald Mike, Turtle and Marty for all your help.

Instead of atarting off with the pannel work we thought it wold be sweet to make a drop vent lol. After about half an hour of measuring/fucking up/eventually sorting it mike started cutting.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

we eventually ended up with this, its not finished (has cardboard/masking tape sides lol)
    but looks prett sweet for 1/3 done
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mike started on the guard/wing after flaring the shit out of it
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

me blocking the door
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

turtle doing mad mods to the bumper iron to let more air through to the oil cooler and radiator, not done yet tho
    [​IMG]

thats about it for this weekend, will hopefully do the rest of the minor pannel work this week then off to bals work for the hard stuff.
    cheers

12. vitoka

vitoka Member

Good lucky in project, looks sweet !

13. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

wow this is badass. i want a rolla

14. d1 mule

d1 mule Member

update time, im in christchurch, NZ and as your probably aware we have just been smashed again with a massive earthquake, so drifting is kinda on hold for a while.

But seeing as we worked so hard getting it panel beated before the south island champs i thought i should bang some pics up.

we didi what we could in my garage then moved it to my mate Toms workshop to have the hard stuff done and be painted.
    I forgot my camera the first day so dont have that many pics but here they are

the fucked side after being wacked out getting its bog
    [​IMG]

drivers side getting worked
    [​IMG]

dent puller action
    [​IMG]

bonnet
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and just after being primed (its black primer not matt black)
    [​IMG]

lights etc in
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and here it is at teh "show" part of the south island champs
    V 4 & Rotary South Island Champs 2011 – 225 Show Images 4 & Rotary South Island 2011 Show 137 ? Performance Car | Modified drift, drag and import machines

got to have a bit of a thrash on at the drift/drag demo part of the champs, want ok after sorting a miss caused by 2 cracked spark plugs .

Unfortunately the earthquake caused my flatmates dirtbike to fall on the 1 week old mint pannel work lol so will be putting a insurance claim in for that.

cheers

15. d1 mule

d1 mule Member

just brought a new daily driver as was sick of not having a car. Shes a '84 GX60 cressida with a 1ggte conversion, full exhaust with baby bozo tips, small front mount, lowered springs sportmaxx/banzais and a bov. Needs a few things to make it 100% getting the RAD cleaned out tomorro, needs a new crank pully/harmonig balancer as has a mad wobble and a new starter morot as it sticks. thats about it.
    Pretty happy with it so far its pretty much mint inside and out and am loving the autoness for daily action
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. mattyb123

mattyb123 Member

looks sweet dude you got some skills

17. d1 mule

d1 mule Member

no updates but was having a play in my photo albums and thought id hiff a few pics of the old steeds that used to grace my garage

the 2nd ae85 i had (no pics of no1) did the whold 4age t50 half cage adjusties etc
    [​IMG]

swapped that for my mint as GZ10 soarer, stock apart from the adjusties out of the 85
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sold that and brought a hilux daily and this JZX i never finished
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then my grandad decided to sell me his jap import ae86 for cheap as so brought that
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and my fav pic ever my 1 time awesome fleet, ae86 daily, ae85 with sweet 4age etc, ae70 drifter
    [​IMG]

eventually sold the 86 and the guy fel asleep and crashed it into a tree about a month later
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BANG

rocked the 70 fluro briefly lol
    [​IMG]

that is all lol

#17 d1 mule, Mar 23, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  18. Dunit4

Dunit4 Member

You have owned some very nice cars!!! Shame on the Ae86 tho

19. Max-san

Max-san Member

Wow that AE86 looks nasty :(
    But I like the AE79 :-)

20. d1 mule

d1 mule Member

mo update on the 70, still the same bar the manifold & dump pipe cracking in about 36 different places.

the daily cressida is fucked tho. riving along at 80kph and a lady turned infront of me, luckily me and the car were 100% legal with reg, wof and cert. i got 20 stitches in my nose and a torn tenden in my left hand with 4 stitches there too and 2 weeks off work =)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]