Thought I would give this an update after finally dragging it to its first skid day at Norfolk over the weekend.
Bit disappointed really, ive only had a bit of play in the wet and it seemed fine but once on the track in the dry it showed that I have a lot of work to do on it to bring it up to spec.
When I got there (late due to cutting out on the way ) I just went straight out to give me a baseline to work from. First run out as I put the power down coming off of a corner the whole backend of the car was bouncing up and down, rapidly got flagged down by Malx who told me the rear was tramping so bad it looked like it was going to fall off The bouncing backend was more than the cherry bomb could handle which fell off in the pits
A quick visit to mint tyres and I was sitting in the queue again this time with much skinnier tyres at 50psi. Much more successful out this time but still some tramping once the revs picked up. Car was running pretty badly all weekend and really struggled under load.
Upped the tyres to 55psi and went out for my 3rd run. Car was getting rapidly worse by this point but the backend was at least starting to move around. Found the rear left tyre wasnt holding air though so the tramping returned everytime I turned right Figured it was as good as it was going to get so parked up waiting for the scored runs.
Went out for my first odc run which to be fair was probably my cleanest run all day and netted me 30/100 points as I didnt spin on the 4 laps but was hideously slow. Car cut out as I finished and was reluctant to start, got it back to the car park and left it there for the rest of the day.
See clip below for much awfulness no excuses lol but at least it wont be any worse next time and gives me something to compare to.
dont watch if you are easily depressed
Improvements are planned though...