i recently got this toyota mark II with auto box and very broken 1gfe. plan is to get an engine in asap and slam it then use it as my daily/skidder. got a bit to do, drivers window mech is bolloxed for starters. will prob convert the stock struts to coilovers with short stroke dampers from somewhere as they seem a bit pricey for these. some crappy pics:
What was the matter with the engine? Said it had lost compression driving up a hill!!
really? i couldnt get any info out of them about what was wrong with it, just said it needs an overhaul kit????? was not bothered about it to be fair as its for the bin anyway. i fired it up and laughed a lot at the massive knocking noise from the bottom end.
been having a go at a few bits on the mark II. pulled out the shagged 1geu or whatever it was engine and slush box ready to throw the v8 in. briefly (bout 4 hours of woe) looked at trimming down the lexus wiring then brain fell out so put that down for now.. bought some s13 coilovers, fronts modified and fitted, just need to fit arb drop links and massive ls400 brakes... got my bellhousing from thailand and fitted my adapted 3sgte chromolly flywheel with arp bolts, spigot bearing installed and clutch fitted. need to make a pivot for the clutch fork but thought i would mock it up for now and start on mounting the engine. looks like it will be a snug fit, need to make new headers to clear column but thats expected. handbrake is a pig, was foot operated which needs to go for clutch pedal. trying to use s body lever and cable but had to shorten the cable loads, not got much room to play with. clutch pedal from mkIII supra wont fit at all, half way through chopping that to fit.... so many things to do but cant wait to get it rolling.
crap pic dump alert!
got the rear coilovers fitted today. nice and easy. had to take the bottom bush out of the gx81 strut and fit the sleeve into the s13 coilover to take up the slack, then cut up the toyota top mount drilled 2 new holes to bolt the s13 mount through then it bolted up to the car lovely!
the ma70 franken-clutch pedal has been adapted to fit, what a twat of a job. fitted with ma61 master cylinder. she aint pretty but does the job. need to adjust the brake pedal still.
i got the engine mounts made using 6mm steel plate, i will be using landrover v8 rubbers in place of the spacer tubes i used to mock up.. prop is off to get extended.
slowly making progress but just keep getting hung up trying to find parts.
clutch pivot is now fitted using a helicoil but the fork i have is too short, the one i need from a mk3 supra is dis-continued so cant get it from toyota.... got the front brakes almost sorted, rebuilt some s14 calipers. made some spigot rings to fit the s14 discs and made some 12mm spacers to get the calipers lined up correctly, need to fit hoses and get the pads and fitting kit to finish off.
new rimmage too.
Last edited by shifty biscuits; 20-03-2011 at 23:08.