Me Daily/Drifter !

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by 2bob, Mar 21, 2011.

1. 2bob

2bob Member

Sooooooooo had this about 3-4 weeks !

I wanted something cheap to run to replace my S13 but that i could still use as a drifter so i went a picked this little gem up

It's a UK spec 1.8 in white with red leather totally standard :euge: has full mazda service history well nearly apart from the last stamp only 2 owners its pretty clean just a few little bits of rust only done 77k but there is one bad bit it needs a new rear window but going to get a hardtop

Anyway plans are to slam it stance it drift it :D

Got my BBS's off my Rallye to go on it just need to test fit them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out that arch gap !!! waaaahahahaha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Check out my boot rack oooooooooo yeah hahahaha need a wicker basket for it now lmao :euge:

Didn't un zip the window when I took the roof down haha fucked the rear window loads so now got duct tape rear window MX5 van FTW lol will be looking for a hard top tonight never see them i'n White so try find a black one

[​IMG]
    And the polishing has began ! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Going to take aaaaaaages haha

There getting there slowly lol

[​IMG]

Shits turning up at last !

[​IMG]

Well as a few of you know i can't go fully down on the rears yet as there fouling the drive shafts suppose that's what you get for buying cheap ebay ones had to raise it about half an inch :( but hopefully will have this sorted soon

Rear arches are now rolled as the shocks are pretty pants to be totally honest there no way near stiff enough so wheels rub even tho its sitting high so going to be getting some GAZ coilovers with adjustable shocks so i can lock it up for drifting

Now have the carbon roof and a few other bits fitted ! Also have few more bits still to fit

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Roof !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Drift button and wheel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 2bob

2bob Member

Some new stuff !!! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Have more stuff but can't be arsed to take pics :p

Vid !

[​IMG]

Still need mk2 top mounts before i can get the GAZ coilys on but i have now taken the helper springs out the rear so i can get it sitting a bit better :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Running a welded at the moment but will buying a torsen LSD very soon :thumbs:

Hope that makes sense just copied and pasted bits from another forum :euge:

3. BurnOutBOY!

BurnOutBOY! New Member

Very cool bud, been thinkin bout gettin me self 1 of these.

4. rob_fr33dom

rob_fr33dom Member

'Bout time you posted about this, tis a little gem indeed!

Get the truck sorted nowww! :)

5. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Fkin awesome! Don't usually like MX5's, but this is nice. Keep it simple, minimal stickers, bit more low.

6. supernova-dw

supernova-dw Active Member

Very nice mate ! Plain,clean and simple. How about a bit of camber and a role on the arches ? Any plans power wise because the one I drove was good but really needed a kick of power to help it slide,otherwise you had to be really really harsh on it.

7. Steveday

Steveday Member

Love this, big fan of mx5's and this one has some quality touches, looking very tidy :)

8. 2bob

2bob Member

Cheers for the comments people !

Not to sure what i'm going to do with the engine yet ! been looking in to a few things but don't want to spend to much on it but yeah could defiantly do with some more go

Number plate now moved !

[​IMG]

Now need to sort the paint out going to get some quotes tomorrow

Also got round to fitting my quarter window and i'm so glad i didn't get two of them it was ball ache ! will get a pic tomorrow ;)

9. 2bob

2bob Member

10. 2bob

2bob Member

Also booked in for paint next week :)

11. benli

benli Guest

are u selling the raceland coilover?

12. 2bob

2bob Member

Not sure yet dude it depends on how low the GAZ's go cause if they don't go very low i'll keep both sets ! one for shows and one for drift days

13. supernova-dw

supernova-dw Active Member

What's the plan paint wise ? May aswell make a few alterations if your getting it painted hey.

14. haubi

haubi Member

are the racelands completely useless for drifting ? I'm looking into getting some for my miata as I don't have the money for real coilovers and I don't just want to go with lowering springs

15. 2bob

2bob Member

Paint wise i'm getting the original number plate holes smoothed off and the rear fog light removed and sorting out a few bits of rust nothing major don't want to do to much to it as i think i'm going to sell it after the first show as i now work close to home so can go back to having something with less MPG thinking S14 but not 100% sure yet :confused:

16. 2bob

2bob Member

I wouldn't say there completely useless dude they are stiffer than standard suspension but there still soft :euge: they would definitely be better than running standard shocks tho but if your not to worried about having the car the exact hight you want it then i would look into adjustable shocks and lowering springs that way you can lock it up for drifting :thumbs:

17. 2bob

2bob Member

Oh and i might be selling my GAZ's ! if i do i will be looking for £400 plus P&P there brand spanking new ;) they are for a mk2 but will fit a mk1 with mk2 top mounts

18. haubi

haubi Member

thanks for your reply... I think I will just get some racelands... even if they are shit and broken after a year... they're so cheap it would be stupid not to try

Would take those gazs off of you but I need tüv in germany so thats not gonna happen unfortunately

19. 2bob

2bob Member

Oh right don't really know what TUV is but no worries dude

20. haubi

haubi Member

its the german equivalent to the mot you guys have. Problem is it is alot stricter and you need all kinds of tüv- certificates to be able to install stuff like suspension, which the gaz coilovers don't have as far as I know