Register
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    dorifto kingu!
    Tap those keys faster mr Hansen!! Ha ha

spl dori master
    Ok so managed to get the car home in one piece after a crazy towing session.

so here we go,

Whilst towing home, all power just went... so after checking all the fuses, we discovered the damn starter motor cable melted against the manifold! basically killed the battery within a mile. and looking at the state of the loom a new one is in order (thank f%&k its a basic one

this will be coming out asap!

she sits pretty low still squeeze a bit more i think

one problem though, those arches are getting rolled, rubbing all the way home lol

A few good things i found in the boot, 5 speed gear box what are people thinking.. keep the 4 speed in or swap?

and one last shot before an early start of stripping her to nothing and starting again. i did find minimal rust in the boot and on the bonnet, but ill get some pics up tomo when i have some day light and the pictures look better.

so there she is not perfect but definitely something i can work with and will hopefully look awesome by time i'm finished and my wallet is empty
    Last edited by hansen; 12-01-2012 at 14:11.

spl dori master
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dubs View Post
    Tap those keys faster mr Hansen!! Ha ha
    haha i know sorry dude, been chatting to my folks in england had to before caitlin went to bed

spl dori master

Started stripping her today, to get a good idea on what I'm dealing with.

here is the bastard of a cable that decided to melt its self to the manifold on the way home!

removed the near side arch to see what space and how close the loom was set to the tyre looks like plenty of room but will relocate it to be safe.

the major bits of rust i found. some on the boot lip also but didn't get a picture

not the best lock in the whorl i must admit lol! so i'll have to do something with this!

Next pay day ill have to start getting some parts in, general shit, look at re doing the wiring loom as it's in a bit of a bad way. Who ever had this before clearly had fun F%$king it up lol
    Last edited by hansen; 13-01-2012 at 11:54. Reason: typo

5. From the Driftworks Shop
    dorifto kingu!
    It doesn't look bad at all for rust dude!!! Certainly nothing to cause any concern!! High hopes for this has the potential to be mediocre!!

spl dori master
    true i must say, the boot has a few spots that have eaten through but thats minimal work. compared to some of the ones I've seen on here it's clean lol so i think i was extremely lucking! can't wait to get some parts for it! and that new engine!

gripper
    Ok. So i appreciate to you about your work and wish you best of luck for your nest time. Your first project is not the bad, in fact nice way to expose your idea.
    Last edited by haris; 14-01-2012 at 11:34.

spl dori master
    spent most of today cleaning up small bits a pieces such as engine bay lights, over spray, etc etc. decided to give rolling the arches a go needs a bit of a clean up but mostly a success.

both arches on this side done just need prep and paint which will come later.
    cleaned the lights up

and after

doughnutter
    Nice work

dorifto kingu!
    That is an amazing difference on the lens' take they are glass?? Polish and elbow grease used I take it?? Found a couple of vids on YouTube of these mate already posted on your facebizzle for your viewing pleasure!

spl dori master
    Thanks guys, yep glass they are a single bulb lol never seen that before! So pretty easy to clean I'll have a looky now

doughnutter
    im sure you have heard about AJPS but check them out for KE stuff AJPS.com.au - All Japanese Panels and Spares they do rack extentions which help with lock, and get some 86 PS steering arms then will me extreme

spl dori master
    Quote Originally Posted by d1 mule View Post
    im sure you have heard about AJPS but check them out for KE stuff AJPS.com.au - All Japanese Panels and Spares they do rack extentions which help with lock, and get some 86 PS steering arms then will me extreme
    Hey dude, funny you should say that, i only discovered AJPS yesterday and yes I'm already looking at the rack extensions and i as you say putting the 86 ps arms will make it all the more interesting thanks for the insight in any case

spl dori master
    Got some more done today, the front lights surrounds all panted and grill but not in pictures at the minute.

hammered the near side arches out. need a bit more work but will be fine i think

After doing that i came to realise, how much more space i have and got thinking ok so wow low is this and how far can i get away with it. measured the lowest points.

lower arms

chassis

exhaust

obviously the stock exhaust is going but if i was to tuck that i could get away with another 50mm easy

dorifto kingu!
    Your going another 50mm?? Aus doesn't have any speed humps or potholes then ha ha

spl dori master
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dubs View Post
    Your going another 50mm?? Aus doesn't have any speed humps or potholes then ha ha
    Well pot holes not so much. Out back yes lol I'll end up going that low for track use sOme of the guys have stupidly low cars and they seem to get around fine so I don't know I'll see how things go

spl dori master
    Been a couple of days, since i last posted. Basically cleared the interior of shit. The carpet was discussing and gave that a good clean on the passenger side (which was the worst)

I managed to get hold of a chap here in melbourne who happens to breaking his ke70 and has a shit load of parts that i need;
    1)wing indicator covers as some tit sprayed them silver!!
    2)rear lights as mine have cracks in them
    3)side light covers cracked again i think its from the heat here making the plastic perish...
    4)new front seats my aren't matching and the driver side is f$%ked
    5)new exhaust the owner before my mate put holes in the back back
    6)parcel shelf
    7)a and b pillar covers mine are shagged
    8)carby filter.

all this just to get road worthy!!! but atleast it is cheap

SO i've been looking at the spare 5 speed in the garage all week and thought i might as well get it in the car can't be driving around with that shitty 4 speed. took 4 hours with no jack and a hand full of tools but was works fine heres some pics.

new gear box ready to go in.

4 speed above and 5 speed below.

this was the first time i've changed a rear wheel drive gear box so fucking it up and realising i had to unbolt the tail shaft from the diff was a monkey moment. lol
    and here she is at the moment, i'll get some interior pics later once I've cleaned it up a bit still looks tatty

so atleast it's all in and i can relax a little bit until i get all the shit together next week and start to prep the car for paint.
    Last edited by hansen; 19-01-2012 at 09:47. Reason: typo

spl dori master
    Ok so in terms of paint I'm thinking matte, seeming as i'll be drifting it (eventually) i dont fancy crying after putting a nice paint job on it. so here are my ideas so far. let me know what you think?
    matt grey>>>>

matt army green>>>>

or matt lambo green>>>>

i did also think matt white... but yer i really dont know..

spl dori master
    Im going with be different matt lambo green
    It will def stand out.
    Quote Originally Posted by cefiro_drifta View Post
    The guy was as helpful as a blind sniper with no fingers no rounds and no gun !!!

dorifto kingu!
    Out of the three dude I think the grey and the lambo green are the nicest edging towards the green personally.. You using a spray gun to apply though or arsehole cans?? Why not just spray it using an acrylic base coat paint so it will shine and be easier to keep clean!! Matt will be a bitch to keep looking tidy plus acrylic base coat is CHEAP and when touch up is needed can even get away with hand painting if it's a small touch up!! Just an idea

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast