r324 building a drift car round 2!!!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by PHIL-BLR, May 10, 2012.

1. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

when i was leaving my last 1jz s14 back to ireland i found this lying at the back of a shed an a year an a half later its still their so i had to buy it an its not a bad spec'd r32

rb20det
    gtr injectors
    unknown clutch but has a really strong bite prob an exedy paddle clutch
    hks front mount
    blitz boost controller
    standard rb20 turbo (i think )
    coilovers ( unknown make )
    diff locks both wheels maybe 2way,1.5, shim, welder again unknown
    full free flow exhaust turbo back 3''
    r33 front an rear brakes

to do list is fit lights,glass an trim an fit r324 kit then pick a colour thinking black but not sure yet an a set of wheels
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

sorry wrong section can a mod's move this to projects please

3. dirty-diesel

dirty-diesel Active Member

4. toker

toker Member

thats my old car i havent seen that in a long time!
    it also has a gtr fuel pump it never had the kit on it when i had it
    great going wee car yeah its a std rb20 turbo on it the car was overfueling with the gtr injectors fitted i had and apexi afc fitted but it bust causeing the over fueling.
    the rolling road print out is after the afc packed up and the car was overfueling
    hers some pics taken at bishops court and my work
    http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/toker1979/cleanr32.jpg
    http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/toker1979/S6300036-1.jpg
    http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/toker1979/S6300034-1.jpg
    http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/toker1979/S6300028.jpg
    http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/toker1979/S6300025-1.jpg

5. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

Yip thats her mate bought it of ian with the 1jz manta sat up at chubbys for nearly two years lol do you no what diffs in it ?

6. Tim200s13

Tim200s13 Member

What a great project, can't wait to see this one unfold.....subscribed:thumbs:

7. toker

toker Member

there was a problem with the std diff before i bought it as far as i know it was replaced with a shimmed up gtr diff or thats what i was told. theres a alloy spacer made and fitted to one side between the diff and shaft dont know what that was all about but it worked well and driffed well. i got the car from portaferry a village near me and i driffed it for about a year the car went well untill the afc packed up and it started over fueling so if that was fixed it should be back to normal and go well.
    is this in england now? look forward to seeing it finished and out drifting again
    andy

8. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

na mate its still in ireland at a friends in ballamena but im in the isle of man it will be back an forward as much as i can an should see it at bishops court sometime.. think im going to ask richard bradley to put a nistune an a rb25 turbo till i have all the jz parts gathered up again.. to be honest andy i havent even driven it yet i bought i over the phone with chubby lol

9. toker

toker Member

yeah mate thats just what the car needs to finish it right along with a rb25 turbo its a fit wee engine it always went well i loved it and had lts of fun in it glad its going to be back on the track again. drop me a pm when you get it finished and are taking it out at bishops court id love to see it out again maybe by then ill have somthing out again jz in it would be cool as!

10. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

Right got a few pound gathered up an as toker said the car is over fueling so i need an ecu but i only want to get the car mapped once so im going to up grade the turbo now but unsure of what turbo to go for something like a hks 2540 but very rare any ideas welcome

11. warby

warby Lifestyler Deluxe

Will it be coming to the IoM? Nice wee bus sir! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

Yeah warby should be over around september time Just need to decide on a turbo thinking a 3071 then i can swap it to my sr20 when the rb20 lets go lol going to go with a link ecu.

13. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

Right after a long phone call with richard bradley ( bradly motorworx ) we struck a deal with a nistune ecu an a top mount precision 5530 turbo their Liquid-cooled, dual ceramic ball-bearing centre housing rotating assembly
    • Exclusive CEA (Competition Engineered Aerodynamics) compressor wheel machined from a 2618-aluminum forgingla
    • Liquid-cooled, dual ceramic ball-bearing center housing rotating assembly (CHRA)la
    • Higher efficiency and faster transient response for maximum power and performancela
    • 55mm inducer compressor wheella• Liquid-cooled, dual ceramic ball-bearing center housing rotating assembly (CHRA)la
    • Higher efficiency and faster transient response for maximum power and performancela
    • 55mm inducer compressor wheella
    • Compressor cover
    la - "Ported S" compressor cover 4.0" inlet/2.5" outletla
    • 56.5mm, 84 trim turbine wheel
    T3 0.63 turbine housing

Will probably be a bit laggy but i trust his advice he says their a fantastic turbo for an sr20 lucky i have a spare forged one in the garage for when the rb20 goes pop ;-)

#13 PHIL-BLR, Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  14. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

Right i've just sent my sr20 home to ireland to richard bradley to strip it down an make sure everything is fine inside the spec so far on the sr20 is

Wiseco 87mm pistons
    1.6 headgasket
    Arp head studs
    Arp rod bolts
    Hks 264 cams
    Brian crower springs an retainers
    Brand new rockers
    Dw rocker stopper
    Deachwerx ( prob spelt wrong ) 910cc injectors

Transmission
    Rps 6 puk clutch
    Rps cyn-r-g flywheel

So the plan is to sell the rb20 and fit the sr once its built again with the precision 5530 turbo an richard will map it on a nistune

15. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

16. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

Right just a little update the sr20 engine an box is in the car now all built up by Richard Bradley we had a chat about turbos an we decided on a precision 5128 good for around 420bhp he has one on his own drift car an he rates them as one of the best turbos for drifting very responsive..

Never really got to look around the car much as i bought it over the phone then sent up to Bradley motorworks but he said today that its one of the cleanest r32's he has seen so happy days :-))

Just waiting on a nistune board coming then thats it finished apart from paint

17. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

Right called up to see my car an Richard today he wasn't in but got a wee pic of the progress so far

[​IMG]

On the down side the deachwerx injectors or what ever shit their called are scrap Richard had spent ages trying to map it an found out the injectors where fucked :-( so he borrowed a set of Nismo 555's an on 95ron fuel it made just over 390bhp so going to get new injectors an go for an map on super 97ron then it's body work an wheels to sort out

#17 PHIL-BLR, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
  18. PHIL-BLR

PHIL-BLR Member

Right another trip home to see Richard an happy days he has the car finished fitted the front end as well can't thank him enough now I need paint an wheels anybody know what size wheels fit without spacers under these arches bloody massive.. An just a crapy iPhone pic to keep us up to date :-)

[​IMG]

19. counteract

counteract -o=me

What size you got on there now?

A friend just bought a Stagea with a 34 front end, it's about the same height as yours currently on 18s and they look so small!

20. sideways.taff

sideways.taff - www.tafftune.com -

Fronts: 18x9.5j et-31
    Rears: 18x11.5j et-26

[​IMG]