R32 4DOOR rb25det build from NZ yooo!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by DanH, Jun 26, 2012.

1. DanH

DanH New Member

Hi there Driftworkers

My name as you can see is Dan, Im 20yo and live in glorious New zealand
    I just purchased my first gtst on the weekend after going for a few rides with a couple of mates in their silvias
    i decided to bite the bullet and get amongst it!

The specs so far are as follows:
    1990 R32 4 door
    Rb25det
    greddy copy front facing plenum
    80mm throttle body
    greddy bov
    front mount intercooler
    Big alloy radiator
    2x10” thermofans
    38mm external running 14psi
    DSR430 genII turbo on std manifold
    standard exhaust for WOF (noise regs)
    5puk solid centre gearsmashing clutch
    rb20det gearbox with smashed 2nd
    Standard viscous lsd
    BC gold coilovers
    Front and rear strut braces
    Bn copy kit
    Nz made coffee table drift/drag wing
    17x10 DTM Diezel rims
    Stripped interior with just seats and dash left

My plans as money allows are as follows:
    Fit my new Nardi 350mm Deep corn steering wheel when it arrives from DW
    Fit Rb25det bigbox gearbox when it arrives
    Run a full 3” mandrel bent exhaust from the turbo (no mufflers)
    All adjustable susp arms
    Modified steering knuckles and tie rods
    Modified lower control arms

Then im going to do as many DMNZ track days possible as they hold at least one a month at anyone of the many tracks we
    Have over here which is mint,
    Sorry for the lack of pics ill chuck some up tonight when i get home from work
    Ill try keep this as updated as possible because as you guys know these builds never go to plan and always go way over the top.

Dan

#1 DanH, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2012
  2. InfraRed

InfraRed Member

Let's see some photos!

3. DanH

DanH New Member

haha will do when i get home tonight dude. dont have any on my work computer lol

4. DanH

DanH New Member

5. DanH

DanH New Member

Time for a small update

I’m a little gutted at the moment as the RB25DET big gearbox I had jacked up for $900 fell through, and I can’t afford to buy any others as everybody else wants $2g + and that would hold up me getting to the track asap, so I found a fresh recon RB20DET box for $650 and bought a Excedy 5puk sprung centre clutch, so hopefully the dampening with this clutch should be a bit easier on the gearbox. So until that all arrives the old girl is parked up in my mate Damien’s shed next to his S13 drifter which is awaiting a good rebuild/makeover.

6. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

I like that looks awesome!!!

7. projects

projects Member

nice man. where abouts in NZ are you from?

8. DanH

DanH New Member

Hey bro, Im from Waipukurau. Small town just south of Napier/Hastings. yourself? Good to see another NZ'er on here! haha

9. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

Car looks rad.

I really love the names of towns in NZ too, Waipukurau sounds sweet!

10. Rupert

Rupert Member

hit up otene road? im from hastings and i have a r32 im currently putting a 20det in. that road has a mixture of 25's and 35's. its alot of fun to drift..

11. DanH

DanH New Member

nah lol. dont wana risk my licence again haha. lost it last november. was the worst 6 months EVER! only just got it back hahaha. what's the plans with your skyline man? I bought this thing to take it to the track and be a good boy... haha

12. Rupert

Rupert Member

yeah man... lost mine last june for 6 months too... i race it at manfeild. just wanna get the engine in and be good for awhile too. but im going to get sway bars for it and then adjusties when i can afford it. and i would like to get boost upto 1 bar but thats a while away yet.

#12 Rupert, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012
  13. HOLDITFLAT

HOLDITFLAT Member

well pimper

14. DanH

DanH New Member

New clutch turned up in its pretty pink box today. Hoping to do a massive mission to Cambridge NZ tommorow after work and pick up my new freshly reconned RB20DET gearbox. Then on sunday me and my buddy Rob are planning on chucking the new box and clutch in at my old man's workshop. Oh and I'm really considering lowering it a little moar while the old girl's up on the hoist. Ill be sure to snap up some picks over the weekend so untill then, Peace

15. A'PEXi

A'PEXi New Member

nice 32, liking that wing :D

16. Hanska

Hanska Member

Damn it looks nice!

17. DanH

DanH New Member

[​IMG][​IMG]
    sorry bout the sh*t quality phone pics but the old girl is parked up with her brother from another chassis series. which is awaiting a good make over and tidy up as my buddy damian had a tyre delaminate on him and smashed his fibreglass guard to bits hahaha

heres a pic of him on form at the most recent taupo DMNZ track day
    [​IMG]

18. metaldrift

metaldrift Member

Lookin fucking awesome! Keep up the good work :thumbs:

19. DanH

DanH New Member

cheers guys. i love the wing too haha. had an old bloke who looked about 70 odd hit me up at the servo the other day asking about the skyliner, spent bout 5mins chatting to him, he was lovin it! haha. oh and when i was parked up in town getting a feed with the mrs an older foreign couple that must of been visiting NZ started taking photo's, so im glad even some people of the older generation can appretiate the old hack lol

20. DanH

DanH New Member

Update time!

well a little bit has been happening lately.

[​IMG]

my nardi turned up, thank you :dw:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

put the new gearbox in which is no good :(
    got it in and found that 2nd gear syncro must be a bit dodgy as it doesn't like down shifting to 2nd at all
    but all is good because a good mate has hooked me up with a free RB30e gearbox :smokin:

[​IMG]

heres a pic of the old solid centre clutch which i took out and replaced with a 5 puk Exedy HD clutch i got through work
    which feels so much better and makes me not feel so bad when dumping and kicking the clutch lol

[​IMG]

my 15yo little brother got bored at school so wagged and went to the metal work room and spun me up a new gearknob

when i had it parked in my buddys shed we pushed it outside and noticed the camber and toe on the left rear looked a little out of wack so upon further inspection i found that one of the bottom arm brackets had cracked off the subframe
    luckily another one of my friends was reshelling his RB25DET r32 coupe at the moment and had a couple of spare shells sitting around for parts. so i bought one of them for $150 and the mission began. we lifted it up with the forklift and dropped all of the rear end out of it diff and all. not being the most competent welder i didnt want to risk it breaking again so i swapped the subframes over and put some lock collars in there while i was at it

[​IMG]

i now have a spare diff which i have had welded up :D
    i've also scored an RB30E powered VL commodore manual which im guna keep and do up as a bit of n/a drift beater/missile to take to trackdays for a bit of fun and to let the boys have a skid if they want. oh well thats about it for this time. i better go do some work hahaha. ill leave you guys with a pic of my car and my workmates VL commy as they sit outside my work at the moment

[​IMG]

:wave: PEACE