s14 Navan street car

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Daze, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Hey guys,

Thought I'd best put a project thread up for this, my old s13 has now been sold and died. Lost a lot of love for that car, even though I had good fun in it.

s13 project thread here - http://www.driftworks.com/forum/dri...6581-my-rolling-s13-drifty-ratty-project.html

Anyway, moving forward! On the weekend I got myself this, its a 1996 Kuro black K's edition s14 navan with some pretty neat JDM factory options! Its currently fairly stock, SR20DET, vlsd, wing mount, its got most alignment arms apart from rear camber and some cheap, but actually really good, coilovers on it.

JDM factory options include the super rare HUD displaying kph in a retro green font, the green footwell lights, and (not fitted yet) Nissan rear privacy blind, and of course the Navan aero.

I've already spent a bunch of money over the past few days ordering up parts for it, ready to drift it before the year is out. Parts ordered so far..

- Part shop max HMIC (intercooler, high mounted = quick spool)
    - Driftworks braided clutch hose
    - Driftworks braided brake hoses
    - Poly front LCA bushes
    - Poly rear LCA bushes
    - Mooj racing balljoints for front LCA
    - 20mm extended LCA's being made up by a mate, ready for later this week
    - Braided turbo hoses
    - Spare turbo gaskets
    - Internal drive wheel nuts & key
    - One Takata harness won off eBay (I hope this to be genuine, we'll see)

And here's some photos I took earlier this evening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Super happy with it, can't wait to get all those bits through the post and fitted to the car.

Also picking up another set of R33 GTR rims on the weekend with good tyres on, I'll be getting them on ASAP as the new set are in much nicer condition. Then I'll be lowering it a lot, fitting extended front LCA, then re-aligned once I'm happy with ride-height.

Paintwork in desperate need of TLC, hoping to get a claybar to it in the next week or so as well.

2. McBandy

McBandy Member

Doh only just posted on your other thread without reading it all, this one looks nice too

3. Hudson.

Hudson. JIBES

It's a very nice car man! Keep it cleaaan and enjoy it! But drive it hard ;)

4. kevinLee

kevinLee Member

looks cool mate, canny wait to see what you do with it :D

5. decobyrne106

decobyrne106 Member

looks awsome man, love zenki s14's to death. i like your list of things your doing with it. keeping it reliable is key to driving the heart out of it. hope it goes well for you man. also keep us updated ill be watching this build closely :smokin:

6. cuzzfd3s...

cuzzfd3s... Member

7. ChrisL200SX

ChrisL200SX Member

Looks like a cracker, shame to hear about the 13 though!

8. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Thanks guys!

Some goodies arrived in the post this morning, including Mooj balljoints for my newly extended LCA's (next week) andddd Apexi EL2 six gauges inc all the senders, wires and the Apexi control unit.

Cannot wait to fit these, although I probably won't run with all the gauges, bit overkill. Just Oil Temp, Oil Pressure, Water Temp & Boost.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They so sexy :)

9. 59bhp

59bhp Member

dayum!!!

10. Thomas Irish

Thomas Irish Member

Where did you get the guages?
    Love Navan aero, enjoy dude.

11. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

12. wiggy123

wiggy123 Member

looking good them guages are nice, i need to get myself a bride as well!

13. markturbo

markturbo Tarmac scrapper

Awesome Daze, Glad the Navan is in your JDM whore hands :D Means you can (and are already) go all out on JDM goodness :cool:

have to meet up soon get some pic's :D xx

14. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Haha, cheers Mark! yeah man, haven't seen you in ages, been too long. Have to meet up and get some photos at some point indeed. Let me get R33 GTR wheels on this all round and lower it a little more first.

I guess you're laying rail in your s15 already? x

15. JZXFTW1

JZXFTW1 Member

Will look nice on 33 rims cool car

16. J90-DUN

J90-DUN Member

Nice! lookin forward to seeing this gettin some abuse at a track day soon...

17. markturbo

markturbo Tarmac scrapper

:D Yer far to long :) Yer sounds a good plan, my overs are being painted last week of november, so any time after that would be cool :D Going to look awesome with lows and gtr's all round :cool:

Ha ha yer went to add some camber on the front, and arb was just sat on floor :smokin:

18. Magic21

Magic21 Active Member

Very nice mate :) Loving the gauges.

19. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Thanks guys :)

Spent all day spannering today and absolutely shattered, but sorted out a bunch of stuff that I wanted to with the car.

On Saturday also got another set of R33 GTR rims with good tyres all round, 235/40 and 255/40 Falken FK's. The 235/40 profile on the 9j fits perfect, really happy with that.

[​IMG]

Then today fitted Walbro fuel pump, replaced a broken wheel stud, removed front fog lights, fitted water temp sensor & gauge, swapped clear/crystal side markers for OEM orange and a bunch of other stuff. She's running great now and drives real nice with decent rubber all round, albeit needs alignment done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up on the list is replacement discs & pads all round. For now, I'll stick with the stock s14 setup due to funds but perhaps later next year I'll do a brake upgrade? Maybe. I also need to order rear camber arms, which will be from Part Shop Max, at the same time I'll also order rear toe arms as when I lower it more the straight DW arms will hit the subframe, MAX arms are bent to prevent this.

Funds are super tight now, so not sure when I'll be drifting it. I was hoping to do the DWYB Pod day on the 7th(?) Dec, but really not sure if I can afford. Would rather have the car safe and working as I want it before I go skidding.

20. Dex

Dex kut!