Tobi's JZX110 Verossa

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by tidytobes, Oct 20, 2014.

1. tidytobes

tidytobes Manfoot Kerb Magnet

Not too much to write yet as I'm still awaiting the car reaching the UK but got some pics through this morning and figured I'd show willing and make a start to a thread at least..

[​IMG]

The car itself is a Verossa VR25, it's taken a while to find the right one and with the help of Michael and Tony at japaneseusedcars we eventually found this one..

The car is a one owner, it's bone stock with the exception of some G Corporation Wheels, Tein Coilovers, and the Toyota factory Aero kit and Grille.

Most importantly it's got no major repair history and it's a factory turbo manual so that means a nice mileage 1JZ VVTi coupled to a later (stronger) R154 box.

I've missed my JZX100 ever since I sold it to get my PS13 vert and had almost decided on getting a JZX100 Mark II or Cresta to replace it with but after seeing more and more JZX100's cropping up in the UK I decided to try and be different.. Would have bought Phil's Mark II but missed it by a few days and after much deliberating I chose to bring the first Verossa into the country instead..

I know the car is a bit 'marmite' for most people but I've never been one to follow convention and personally really like the look of the car, the plans go something like this;

Remove rear spoiler and find a roof lip, fit proper Suspension/Wheel combo and fit basic bolt on parts to begin with really, then it's probably something stupid involving Syvecs, 6Boost and a GTX35R but that's for next year!!!

Until then I'll just keep updating things until the car lands..

#1 tidytobes, Oct 20, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  2. mint

mint touch my fruit

[​IMG]

:p

x110. Perfect choice. Cant wait to see more photos.

3. bigniks

bigniks Member

Nice I like these

4. Jites

Jites Active Member

legend. My favourite out of all the jzx. so ugly its a thing of beauty

5. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

Props for going Verossa ;)

6. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Love Verossas! Nice one

7. tidytobes

[​IMG]

First few parts ordered, this arrived a couple of days ago, also got a couple of sets of wheels on the way to try out for size and then need to sort suspension, thinking of running a similar setup to my old JZX100 with 22/18 spring rates, either HSD or 326 Power but not decided yet, found today that 326 power list 100K springs!!! Can't imagine actually driving with those mind you..

#7 tidytobes, Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  8. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

9. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

You'll get more aggressive wheels on the 110 man. I'll also be going for similar springs for my CST's soon.

10. tidytobes

Well I've got a set of 9.5x18 et12's or be a complete tool and try and fit my Rezaxs at 18x10.5 et0 and 18x12.5 et5, or rebuild them into useable sizes, or use a combination of them and some VS-KF's in weak fitment to make some that fit perfectly..

Or some pimp 19's.. Damn decisions!!!

11. Pete_the_Russian

Class!! Love Verossas!! Also will be so refreshing to see one of these in UK! Good choice.

Personally id get the coilovers with the spring rates that you want, rather than getting HSD's and then spending additional ~£250 on stiffer springs, 326 Power ftw.

12. robinpipers

robinpipers Member

13. tidytobes

[​IMG]

I like gathering parts!!!

I'm going to see how much of my house I can fill with Verossa related bits and pieces before the car lands...

14. Smilybrad

Smilybrad Active Member

Awesome fella! Once you get to work on this its going to be mega! =)

15. tidytobes

Thanks Brad, looking forward to it, it's like being 4 years old when you get told its 'only' a month until christmas!!!!

16. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

They're so grotesque they're awesome!

Yeah... 326 power cars... lol. They don't work.

17. tidytobes

I'm in two minds, I can order the 326 power setup with the spring rates I want or the HSD's that we spoke about with custom/replacement springs, the cost is almost identical except for the import duty the 326 ones will attract, the only cost saving option on the HSD's would be to order them with 20kg HSD springs and only swap out one pair for Tein 24kg ones, thus running 24/20 as opposed to 22/18, I can't imagine it would be too terrible but from you guys experience with phils what spring rates would you say would work best?

18. mint

mint touch my fruit

I uprated my springs twice now on these HSD's and im still not happy with them, I'll be getting some 326 power coilovers when cash allows. I hardly noticed much difference when I stuck 20's on the front.

[​IMG]

19. tidytobes

Haha Mint, I saw those 100/50 sets when looking through the site, I can't begin to imagine what internal damage that would cause me!!!

What are you running yourself?

I used to run 22/18 on my JZX100 and that worked perfectly, I'm only guessing that the JZX110 should be similar in terms of setup..

Might have to go 326 Power yet, as I said there's very little price difference except for import duty all said and done, plus i might get some more fancy shiny lifestyler stickers from Yoho and the guys!!!

20. mint

mint touch my fruit

Currently im running 20/15. The 15 was up front, I had 8 on the rear originally, up'd that to 12, then to 15. My plan was to stick the 20's on the rear and get 30's up front.. but tbh, I'll rock what iv got till I change out my coils. Im running HSD's on the front and KTS on the rear. Uprated rear ARB, front RCA/Knuckles. Need to go lower though..

Where did you get your 22/18 springs?

#20 mint, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014