Drift-Street-Imports **** S14 2JZ VVTi ****

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by reeperR32, Oct 28, 2014.

1. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

Drift Street Imports

so my bad ass R34 4 door has been moved on, i split the car and sold the running gear seperate and the complete shell separate - the good news is that the shell will live on and the new owner is on here so be good to follow :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

so whats next, well actually i picked up the new project before the end of the BDC season but i just kept it quiet until a few bits were done, however that didnt last as soon people started asking and rumouring about what the new build was...

well here it is.....

i picked this ugly thing up from darren at gduk, i got it as a complete car minus the engine and box.. its a jdm s14 manual NA....

hands down the cleanest s-body shell i have ever seen, i mean this thing is quite literally immaculate!!! what better place to start right?!! ;)

[​IMG]

i got to stripping and booked it straight away in with none other than mr Nickson motorsport for its roll cage - this is the 2nd cage ive had from Nick and it just gets better and better tbh... really is some great work...

[​IMG]

for detailed pics see here
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152765022020797.1073741861.171986635796&type=1

im not a huge fan of jungle gyms inside my car so went for something fairly simply yet purposeful with a couple bars added here and there

once returned (few weeks ago) i then started to crack on with the rest of the work, now trying to fit working on the s14 in along with customers cars proves difficult so i managed to source 90% of all the parts i need for the build whilst it was away having its cage ...

this included things like the power plant :D

yes you guessed it, 2jz powerzzz.. i love my jz's and not had best of time with rb's recently (although i still rate them and love them)

i thought id buy a complete aristo... drove it around for a week or so, gave it some abuse and all was well... nice healthy engine :D

[​IMG]

i then stripped the engine and sold the shell on so hopefully it could live on again with another owner :D

the spec of the new build will be something good, decided im going to run with a Z33 cd009 (05' 350z box) and have the box etc already here... i did consider a quaife sequential and even looked into the 4 speed H pattern dog boxes but in the end decided that spending the best part of £10k on just the gearbox was too hard to justify for little old me....

i love the ratios on the z33, strong and sub £2k conversion for me.... tried and tested so looking forward to using it :D

now the s14 sits on the ramp having had its front lower arms lengthened 40mm and braced along with other bracing, subframe to be braced this week then off to the powder coaters....

the rear end has also been cut up and capped because... oh yeh.. im putting the rad in the boot, mainly because jz's run hot and i want to keep everything as cool as possible.... :p

(stock aristo rad for mocking only)

[​IMG]

now the s-body cross members are pretty weak ass and a 2jz aint exactly light.... so ive opted for a r32 cross member as its much beefier and should hold the weight imo much better :D

engine is in, again for mocking purpose but is sitting on its mounts and will need some fettling to have it sit where i want it to.... not much but couple tweaks

[​IMG]

so thats it for now.... some more updates to come this week...

aim: 600-650bhp/similar torque - probs run it on a syvecs s6 which will be mapped by team mate and good friend mr mb automotive :p

already sourced the bodykit im running so if yo know me it will be something different and ummmm... in your face #didyouseethatwing ^^^^ haha

more progress can be seen here also
    https://www.facebook.com/driftstreetimports?ref=hl

2. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

I did see the R34 at Japfest 2 and loved the wing. Can't wait to see what you have planned for the S14! Very cool. :thumbs:

3. tidytobes

tidytobes Manfoot Kerb Magnet

Looking forward to seeing this Shaan, should be a proper weapon..

Be good to see you back at home in an S Body too, albeit one with a retarded amount of power!!!

4. sigurbergur

sigurbergur Member

love that wing !

and good luck with the build !

5. jonny mac

jonny mac 1jzS14

subscribed :) keen to see how this goes! I've got a 1j in my s14 and with the rad at the front it runs very hot! i'll be interested to see what your temps are like on track with the rear mounted rad

6. Jarno

Jarno Member

this is awesome

7. reeperR32

thanks for the comments guys..

got some more work done since last update

extended my lower arms to +40mm which will run nicely with the geo masters up front - more than enough lock :D

braced some more shizzle :D

[​IMG]

go to the stitch welding part now... :p

[​IMG]

made a removable jacking point due to the rear rad i dont want to keep shoving a jack up to the diff ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also capped off the rear 1/4

[​IMG]

8. japdrifter_s13

japdrifter_s13 running out of skill

Good to see your building another great project, the 34 should be up and running early to mid December so keep your eyes peeled shaan ;)

And i'll take good care of it and will certainly be putting it to good use :thumbs:

9. Chuck Norris

Chuck Norris Member

looks like its going to be a good quality built weapon! subscribed.

10. nolagg

nolagg New Member

Updates?

11. reeperR32

None as yet I'm afraid due to busy work schedule.. Hope to uave some soon though ;)

12. reeperR32

*** update ***

Ok so all the stitching is now complete along with the new gearbox tunnel.

There will be an access panel made on the tunnel so that it can cater for other boxes and not just a Z33 - to keep the car versatile ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also Thanks to Driftworks for sorting me out with my CS2 coilovers :D

Japspeed came through with a decent JZA80 rad aswell...

next stage is mounting the rear rad then off for the interior/engine bay paint :D

13. Bommel

Bommel Member

What did you use to underseal the car ?

14. reeperR32

Hammerite stonechip

15. reeperR32

got the rear mount rad in and access panel for the gearbox to allow us to change gearboxes in future

We also re-enforced the rad by welding the core in completely as when supplied they only have a couple tacks... also made some gussets for the core so that it can take the extra weight of being on it side ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. nolagg

nolagg New Member

Sick!!!! Putting in that work! Keep it up

17. reeperR32

Thanks

Should have some more updates this coming week ;)

18. 365automotive

365automotive New Member

Looking good mate, can't wait to see it finished

19. jacksheps

jacksheps Member

Looks great! What's with the rear 'capping'? Just curious :)

20. Tosh21

Tosh21 Member

Damn this is awesome! One to keep an eye on that's for sure