LADA 2105 low budget driftmissile

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by saquzi, Feb 14, 2015.

1. saquzi

saquzi New Member

Hi fellas!

Firtst, sorry about bad english. Could write properrly, but it would take too much time...:no:

So, I'm just a poor 15years old kid from finland, who is still in the highschool and i've been intrested drifting since last summer. But got no job, so my building are pretty slow, and i have to make most of things by myself...

So, cut the shit. I'm building Lada 2105 for drifting. Let's thow here some pics, so this won't look just a "virtual project".

There you can see, that the body at itself is pretty good to start with, because theres no rust, and and you can fit very wide wheels there... (Pic is from old owner, the shells completely naked at the moment)
    http://www.carstyling.hu/pic/galeri/2428_8.jpg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

First, i was about to throw mercedes 2.0 (m102) engine on the car, completely inside of the cabin, if you know what i mean... But then i just didn't do it. Wonder why...:rolleyes: So, had to weld the half of the tunnel back, but modified that littlebit, so i could mount the engine as back as possible, or even get a straight 6 in there... (love the sound of JZ, but i think i'll put mercedes m103 or m104 in, because their cheap.) In those pics there's Fiat twincam block, but i gived it to my friend to his VFTS lada.

I also built engine on one 2101 Lada at the autumn, i so wanted to get to the track even once before the snow came. But, when i got the whole thing driveable, there already was snow....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZHZ-ZsH6ElFdzDauTSXEzg/videos

There's some videos of the car. Setup:

-1200cc engine. Completely orginal, about 40years old and no clue when opened. Still likes 1.5bar boost!!
    -ms1 v2.2
    -244cc injectors
    -Garret from 6cyl tractor
    -Chinese dump valve-diy wastegate
    -Iveco minibus intercooler
    -wasted spark coil
    -plx dm6 wideband
    -3" exhaust with one muffler, outlet from te back door (Instagram: saquzi, you can see pic of that)

And then there's also welded diff, brake discs on the back and hydro.

So, i'm going to take the 2101 to apart and take about half of the parts to the 2105...

But, what i'm going to do with the green devil???

-powerful turboed engine. i got that ladas turbo engine, audi 2.5tdi engine, and om604... Diesel or gasoline?? Or should i got just the straight six there... It's your choose!:nod::nod:
    -back axle with welded diff and disc brakes, from 2101
    -3" wider front struts, maybe even mcpherson suspension at some point? (when enough money)
    -very short tie rods and lots of updates to the steering
    -rollcage
    -lots of important gauges..
    -paint it

There's something that i can tell about my plans. Hope that even some of you like it!!

2. driftyste

driftyste Member

3. saquzi

saquzi New Member

So, nothing happened with lada... But, I also have one w202 what i got birthday present from my dad an year ago. I'm going to swap the original om604 (which has been sitting on the enginebench long time already) to Audiäs 2.5TDI engine. Going with mercs manual gearbox: (Originally this car has electric controlled automatic, so some job to do..)

[​IMG]

so i made this adaptor plate today! Tomorrow I'm gonna weld there some more sheet metal to it, so it'll looks nicer, and put it on lathe so i can get everything straight and working properly :wack: Here's one old pic from the times i removed the engine: [​IMG]

Gosh it's so ugly!! Got to drop it, and widen the wheels A LOT and some universal arches maybe?:dw::dw: And there's also lots of rust, even it's 16years old.... But mercedeses just likes to rot.

I have also thinked the color a bit. Subaru blue chassis and golden wheels... Would be sexy :p Also a driftmissile build, but I think i'm gonna save the speakers etc nice things and weight....:euge: Hope you people like this too!

4. Bubbleraider

Bubbleraider Member

Gotta love a wagon :)

5. ragge

ragge Member

cool project, hope you get something out of this!!!!!

6. saquzi

saquzi New Member

Good that you like it!

Adapter surfaces are now flat, tomorrow i'm gonna weld the 2 centering socket's, so it will sit perfectly, i hope...
    [​IMG]

Closer look of the turbo (diy quick spool)
    [​IMG]

Also, I got to know that these VAG 2.5TDI engines are very fuel economic engines.(one v70 volvo make 280bhp with chip and bigger nozzles and turbo etc. modifications, what only took 5l/100km) And these make lots of torque, altrough i dont wan't much of torque what will brake trans etc stuff:(

Can someone tell me, how to chance the tittle of the topic?:wave:

7. evgeni

evgeni Member

Cool quick spool stuff :)

8. saquzi

saquzi New Member

Would some admin change the tittle to "Lada 2105 & Mercedes w202 driftmissiles"??

SOOOO! Think that it would be good time to finally update this topic :D haven't doing any stuff for the lada recently, but, the shell is almost all welded up, just need to finish up the front end, and think about the steering... and to the cage. Would really love to finish up the lada, but just can't because we had to move for atudying with my gf, about 100km away from my hobbies... Still have the weekends for making my cars, just had to pay for the buss tickets:nod:

And, then WHAT i have done recently, is the merc.[​IMG]

Actually, a lot. Engine mounts, exhaust manifold, oil pan, oil cooler stuff, half of the manual conversion(just had to make feeding line for clutch master cylinder, and buy a shift knob stuff etc). For starting the engine and driving it(what just sounds so unreal) have to do rest of basic wirings, then put line for the exhaust pressure gauge, and install the exhaust temp gauge.... if it works, I will put the recaro seat, 6p belts and the better steering wheel on it. I will hit the track this year still!

Btw, Instagram @saquzi for the newest update..
    Sorry about the shitty english.:smash: