Apprentice s13 daily drifter

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Bricey, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Bricey

Bricey Member

Hi guys,

My names Rory and I'm an a second year apprentice at a ford garage. Been along time lurker for about 2 years and thought now would be a good time to start a build thread to get some advice etc!

I bought the car in April as a standard s13 and started buying bits and bobs for it and deluding myself that if be able to insure it. Here are some pictures of the car when I bought it.
    288593e113a2323ea64deb22b3b2466c. f98a7e80c626fc2d031c3aee9225a596.

I then fitted a Nardi, a bride bucket seat and some Japspeed Coilovers. 869e44210e0212b367c5c0bc2e463e96.
    I then bought some r33 GTR wheels and some 4x114 - 5x114 conversion spacers as i couldn't be bothered fucking about swapping lower arms etc on the floor. Here's how it sat. At this time I also installed a big zorst, 3de4e4b31e02d4bab8edbd3f2169a970. Then in January my insurance renual was up so I checked the prices and I could Insure the nissan so obviously I did. the wheels had some balloony 245/45/17 on them so I had to roll and flare the arches loads to get them under for the mot 8d917e2dd6c88e6513cccbe096efec38. So I took it for an mot and it failed on rust surprise surprise, emissions and headlight aim. I got it welded sorted the headlight aim and sorted the emissions. Sense then I have been dailying the car for a month and done around 1000 miles and loving every minute. 4daf180a9ad9bec9b0ba9a1252c48f23. my plans are to fit some bigger brakes (s14 or z32) fit a front mount and the Japspeed rad I've had sat in my room for months, less balloony tyres and more lows and maybe some tein tie rod ends for more lock, then in April as many drift days I can afford.
    Thanks for looking and any feedback or advise welcome, cheers!

2. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Follow you in Instagram and live in Cheltenham also! awesome looking 13 mate.

3. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Can't go wrong with R33 wheels on a 13 :thumbs: What apprenticeship are you doing exactly?

4. Bricey

Bricey Member

Cheers! Erm motor vehicle so working in the workshop doing services and stuff!

5. Bricey

Bricey Member

Cheers dude, been following your build for a while! Is your car in Cheltenham or Essex?

6. CrossOverPics

CrossOverPics Member

Cars in Essex, but i'm living in Cheltenham due to uni. Got to find a decent job before I can have the 13 here with me unfortunately.

7. Bricey

Bricey Member

Yeah they're quite thirsty when it comes to fuel, you got a car here in then?

8. voorhees

voorhees New Member

Nice project. where did you find the spacers conversion?

9. Bricey

Bricey Member

I got them off the parts for sale section of the forum, I've got another pair if you want them pm me for more details!

10. Bricey

Bricey Member

Had a fairly productive lunch break, adjusted the camber as it was raping the inside edges of my tyres, adjusted the tracking (the ns wheel is still toeing out though) gave it a clean and moved the number plate which is a bit on the piss cos I was in a rush. Should be getting my chuki skirts back from paint next week aswell :) [​IMG]

11. luckyluke13

luckyluke13 Active Member

I'm sure I've seen this thing flying up past my work in shurdington? Cheltenham?

12. Bricey

Bricey Member

Probably I've driven past that way a couple of times, guessing it's the garage on the corner by the bell? I live in Charlton kings so pretty local!

13. Bricey

Bricey Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Then we drove to my buddies house, his dads got an awesome vr6![​IMG] gonna be ordering a Japspeed decat/downpipe tonight and fitting it at the weekend aswell as rolling the front arches and lowering it more. That's all for now cheers!

14. Bricey

Bricey Member

Managed to fix my non working driverside window at college today, turns out it was the amplifier had a crack In the solder on the circuit board so I just re-soldered it and it worked fine, awesome!

15. Bricey

Bricey Member

Got my chuki skirts back from being painted yesterday and fitted them in my lunch break, still need some work with the fitment but I think they transform the look of the car! [​IMG] my Japspeed decat and downpipe arrived today so me and my mate tried to fit in in our lunch break, did not go well, snapped one of the downpipe studs then fucked about drilling it put etc, only to find the fitment on the downpipe/ decat was awful about an inch from the decat to the rest of the exhaust do I ha to refit the standard one back on. Didn't manage to get any pictures because we where pressed for time but am gonna try and fit it on Saturday when I have more time to spend on the car. Cheers!

16. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Shame about the Japspeed stuff. Hit and a miss with it all. Love the 13 though looks great, One of my favourite on Driftworks! :D

17. Bricey

Bricey Member

Cheers, means a lot! As I said with more time it might fit but we had to try and do it in 45 mins, so rushed loads. Will have more time to work on it on Saturday! :)

18. Bricey

Bricey Member

Quick update, I ordered a cubby hole to make my interior look more presentable as under my headunit was just a gap with a mess of wires, anyways it came today so I fitted it at lunch. It was for a gold but surprisingly it fitted perfectly with no modification required which was nice, anyways here are some pictures [​IMG] this is without the trim on and just a test for, all I used was down double sided sticky tape to pad it out and stop any rattles etc, really tidies up the interior and gives you somewhere to put your wallet etc [​IMG]

19. Bricey

Bricey Member

Frustrating day yesterday on the car, basically had too got new front tyres as they where shagged. I had some part worn 215/50/17 that I had too put on, it was my first time fitting stretched tyres so I fucked about for about an hour until I got the hang of it, brake cleaner does the trick [emoji41] [​IMG] not really any mega stretch and the tyres don't have a great deal of life left in them but they'll get me too pay day when I'll order some new tyres. Any way was fun fitting them. Then it started to go badly I tried lowering my front Coilovers but they're seized solid, tried using the hot air gun, hammer and chisel and fucktonnes of wd40 but still didn't work so in the future I'll be looking to get some new ones. Then I tried fitting the Japspeed downpipe and decat but yeah the fitment is awful, [​IMG] [​IMG] it comes in at the wrong angle I even tried taking te mid section of and fitting it that way but the silencer is really close to the prop and hitting the underside. Anyways gonna try getting my money back and maybe ordering a Toyo sports one we'll see. Cheers for reading, sorry for the boring update! [​IMG]

20. Maurice

Maurice New Member

R33 wheels just look so good on s13's!!

Pity about the japspeed stuff was gonna order a downpipe myself from them but seeing this is making me rethink things