S14a New Daily Driver, Emerald Green, 42k miles!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by jonny mac, May 27, 2015.

1. jonny mac

jonny mac 1jzS14

Bought a new s14a!

originally had set off this weeekend to buy a tow car, got a text from my mate saying look at this, just a random side of the road s14 for sale, no online adverts etc, pure luck:

[​IMG]

called the guy and aranged to view the car,

story behind the car is this,

a pub landlord had it from new, rarely used it, apparently had a drink problem, put it into a garage for an mot and never bothered with it after that

so while it was sitting there, it changed hands into the guy who i bought it from, he was a car and motorbike collector with a massive garage behind his house

that's where i came along and bought it, wasn't cheap but the mileage makes it worth it! :)

41 thousand miles from new, completely standard, completely untouched, no fancy exhausts, no apexi filters, no bleed valves, never seen a drift/race track in it's life, NO CRAP! :D :D :D

[​IMG]

on my way home I went to see stevie b

[​IMG]

--------------------------------------

so onto today, 27/5/15, first day of ownership of the car! it's my daily now so i took it to work and got straight on with a big service

[​IMG]

needs a proper scrub and a little tidy up, still has the factory boost vacuum hoses with the reducers in them to slow down the boost spooling time on the factory boost solenoid

got onto servicing, new oil filter, 300zx fuel filter, air filter, engine oil, gearbox oil, diff oil, spark plugs (bkr6e), screen wash and i'll be changing the coolant and brake fluid later

[​IMG]

300zx fuel filter

[​IMG]

gearbox oil was still quite clear

[​IMG]

diff oil was not too bad either

[​IMG]

as for the engine, it's one of the sweetest sr's i've heard, so smooth and very quiet, does have vvt rattle on startup for a second then instantly goes away when you pull off, just the usual haha

very unusual to see them without oil everywhere on the front haha :)

[​IMG]

underneath is what can be expected for a 15-16 year old car

sills are solid, old ones were cut out, redone properly with much thicker steel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

removed the head shields on the exhaust since they were flapping around

it's such a sweet car to drive! runs so good.

it could do with a pair of bushes in the bottom of the rear shockers, where the shock bolts to the rear knuckles, that's about it! probably could just throw on my other stock set i have spare

that's it for just now, i need to work out how to load up the 6 disc changer in the boot!

it's going to be a daily driver for me for the summer months

it's awesome to actually drive a fully stock s14 the way they were sold in the end of the 90's, it's just as fun as any modified one, it has character!

[​IMG]

2. rosh17t

rosh17t Member

Good find! what are your plans?