Vell's Nissan S15 from South Korea

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Vell, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Vell

Vell Member

Hello guys,

Here is the Nissan S15 I bought as a daily drifter.
    After drifting my E28 M535i for 2007~2011 and giving my money away while building an RX7 FD3s for 2009~2012 that I drifter only twice or so, I moved to South Korea.

This is a low spec S15 :

- S15 Type S SR20DE 5MT
    - S15 Turbo T28 / manifold / 440cc injectors
    - Small FMIC
    - Hyundai SAM2000 ECU (wait, what ?)
    - 0.7 bar 265 hp / 32 torque
    - Nismo LSD
    - Z32 brakes, pillow ball arms, ...
    - DMax tie rods and spacers
    - Unknown coilovers (HSDs maybe)

The car is nowhere near savage, but I think it's a good thing. I am learning a lot and with some injectors and a tune it should be alright.

[​IMG]

And here is a couple of videos :

The JDM scene here is really small because of restrictive imports laws since 2008, but there is still quite a few S bodies, Supras, Soarers etc...

The Genesis Coupe being a good drift car (and kind of cheap here), drifting is growing slowly in the country :)

2. docwra

docwra Active Member

Nice, really fast transitions :thumbs:

Whats the ECU all about then?

3. mint

mint touch my fruit

Love seeing me a yellow s15 :) Looks like you got the hang of it nicely man ;)

4. Vell

Vell Member

Thank you guys !

The ECU is basically from a Hyundai Tuscani, there are some tools here to rewrite everything in it...
    Good thing is it has a MAP sensor and two hall effect sensors for the crank and cam shaft ... and cheap Hyundai coils !
    I'm running water injection for safety sake and I am spraying lots of water wiithout ignition break up.

Only downside, the VCT has to be managed outside the ECU.

5. Vell

Vell Member

Hello,

After being picked up by the new Garrett Drift Team Challenger (quite a long name^^) in South Korea, the car had to be resprayed white.
    The setup is still the same, just got 35mm spacer front instead of 30mm, and 9J+0 wheels in the back.

So I entered the Kumho ECSTA Super Challenge round 5 without much hope for a good result, the car still lacking some boost and power on this big track that I never ran on before (Inje Speedium). Oh, and the fact that a handful of 500~600 hp V6 twin turbo Genesis Coupe were on the entry list.
    More important I never really tried drift battles at a fast pace.
    22 drivers, 8 drivers qualification so no top 16.
    Qualified 6th, finished 4th. More than happy with the result !

So here it is in this short onboard video : My first tandem on track facing a V6 Twin turbo Gen Coupe !
    Absolutely 0 tandem training before these runs so I was a little bit stressed out ... please don't be rude haha ^^