Ashleys JZX100 MarkII

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Ashleyyyy, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Ashleyyyy

Ashleyyyy Member

Heres my JZX100 MarkII

Had a couple of S-bodies and this is on a whole new level I'm pretty happy with this picked it up last night basics mods

JZX100 MarkII
    Factory Manual
    Factory Xenons
    Factory TC and Snow mode < LMFAO ;)
    HKS Hypermax GT Coilovers
    Front and Rear Cusco Anti roll bars
    A screamer pipe of some sort?
    Shotgun exhaust
    I think its decatted? although the cat is in place still may of been gutted out
    MOMO Drift wheel not to my taste (be replacing this with a Nardi)
    Volk wheels F-Zeros (correct me if im wrong)

and thats about it

[​IMG]

The drive back from Birmingham last night was fun coming from S-Bodies up to this I have to say Im really happy with the 1JZ the torque is great and the sound is much better than the SR20 drone

[​IMG]

Gave the car a clean then garaged it as I need to spend some time on it the arches have been rolled badly which its going in next week to be sorted and it seems to hesistate on boost not sure what this is it seems to come and go but im new with these engines so any tips lemme know. It drives fine but just occaisionally it hesitates? Maybe plugs not sure will check asap

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks to have a S2 boot on it too bit of a off matched color prolly came from the auto luxo barges thats being spray this week too the rear lights look much better though

[​IMG]

interior is immaculate too considering the age

all in all pretty chuffed!:cool:

on the way are some Work Emotion Kiwamis in bronze 18x9.5 et20s should be fun to fit and the front needs coming down some and it should be sitting pretty right :)

any tips on the boost issue or common faults appreciated!

2. Joss

Joss Member

Gorgeous. Love me a JZX

3. side slide

side slide Member

Hi bud, have a jzx100 myself. The hesitation you mentioned may be boost cut, apparently there is a restrictor ring you need in the exhaust when they are decatted/gutted. Was going to decat mine but read it somewhere the factory ecu will boost cut when they are free flowing. Some have had luck fitting a boost controller to fix the issue and others have said the issue remains. I'm no expert but just thought I would give you something to look into.

4. SHIZNT

SHIZNT Member

Yeah they hit boost cut when you have a straight through free flow exhaust with the factory ECU

5. kia_tat

kia_tat New Member

Thats a gorgeous looking Mark II.

6. counteract

counteract -o=me

Stu told me about this when he picked up the TE37s and the bonnet. Lovely looking example! Will be closely following this one as I hope to get one myself down the line.

7. Ashleyyyy

Ashleyyyy Member

Nice one will look into this assuming a boost controller will rectify this plans to put some
    Management on it at some point any ways

Thanks matey be a lot better once the boot is sprayed and my work emotions are here!

Yeah I've got stu to thank for this must of been fate as I asked about buying his when he enquired about the wheels and when he picked his bonnet up This was there in all its glory

Timed perfect as my Silvia was sold and the wheels were aswell!

8. counteract

counteract -o=me

Until I saw that you said you just picked this up, I assumed it was yours the whole time! It seems a lot of S-body people are now upgrading to X bodies, I want in!

9. Sc4mpi

Sc4mpi Cookie Monster

She looks like a gem Ash. glad you enquired when i told you about it! :o

Looking forward to see how it turns out. p.s if you have problems give me a buzz. I might be able to assist.

10. YannG

YannG Member

That is gorgeous, cant wait to see what you do with this ashleyy...

Bronze work emotions sound like a good start! perhaps some dishy jap wheels next ?? :)

I really want one of these next...

Good luck dude! :)

11. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Will be fully legit on new wheels dude!

12. jdmjza70r

jdmjza70r Member

boost controller can only be used to increase boost, you need a restrictor ring in the exhaust to reduce the boost

13. olliethrwollie

14. Ashleyyyy

Ashleyyyy Member

Fitted the restrictor ring also thanks for the advice on that and its sorted the issue straight away boosts lovely now. When fitting found out its still got the full cat on it which is odd and a giant screamer pipe too. I also had a exhaust flap on there which I had to removed which had no function at all apart from muting my car and killing all kinds of power it had so thats gone

Looking out for a HPI downpipe and decat combo although there discontinued so im struggling at the moment with it, may just pickup a decat pipe and be done with it (anyone got one selling one lemme know)

yeah thanks Stu glad you came by and told me else would of missed it

Thanks man

[​IMG]

they turned up today well happy with them went with red valve and work nuts too

car is getting dropped off on saturday for some bodywork and the boot painted then onto fitting these beauties real nice concave on the kiwamis :)

15. mint

mint touch my fruit

Those are nice bro!!! Get them on!

- - - Updated - - -

Those are nice bro!!! Get them on!

16. EMAGDNIM

EMAGDNIM Member

I love me some X chassis, and this Mark II looks clean my man!

17. Ashleyyyy

Ashleyyyy Member

[​IMG]

should be on saturday! I'm picking it up from the bodyshop tomorrow as the boot and arches are sorted ;)

thanks pal!

I like the factory aero but I'm going to go down the vertex route I think as its pretty clean just going to be a nightmare to source it (correct me if im wrong with the pic below)

[​IMG]

if anyone knows of any kicking about let me know

18. counteract

counteract -o=me

Speak to Pete the Russian!

19. Ashleyyyy

Ashleyyyy Member

So where do I start?

Wheels all sorted and tyres mounted :thumbs:

test fitted on the car and they are PERFECT no issues on catching rubbing or anything especially when I had some arch work done on the front when it was in for paint another :thumbs:

[​IMG]

the paint not matching in the slightest NO FUCKING GOOD look at the state of it (please ignore the front height need HKS C spanners as there a tad smaller than your HSD/BC/Apex ones)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

now I know you get what you pay for and I was recommended by a friend here hes had loads of work done and swears by them and I know that matching old paint is a hard task but cmon? Im delighted with the arches but the colour is so off putting

gutted but still onwards guess the car is going to get a full hit now of new paint I guess. Didnt want to do this but needs must :cry:

not 100% on the wheels either and as Im not chucking money at the car right now Im flogging the wheels while my second house completes to cover the better respray

EDIT the pics dont do the shit paint justice tbh looks not too bad but when your next to it you'll wanna slit your wrists

20. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

The fuck is wrong with you man? Looks great, why sell them???