JDMPEBBLES S13 Coupe build

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by JDMPEBBLES, May 4, 2016.

1. JDMPEBBLES

JDMPEBBLES New Member

Hey guy's!

This is my first write up ever, looking forward to interacting with everyone!

#1 JDMPEBBLES, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  2. JDMPEBBLES

JDMPEBBLES New Member

Hey guy's

This is my first car write up so be easy on me, haha. And yes i know my writting skills are abit crap so i get it if TL;DR.

Originally i had a project R33 and i had done a full engine swap on that from RB25DE to RB25DET along with full panel/kit and paint. It had reached its limit for me money and time wise so i decided to sell it and jump the ditch to Aus (it was spotless when it left my possession by the way).

[​IMG]

In the mean time i planned to buy a daily driver just to have before i left and maybe have some fun in.

After an aggravating 9.5 hour trip to Napier and back to look at what seemed the perfect S14 (in pictures) turned out to be one of the most F**k'd cars i had ever driven, from the paint work consisting from carpark dings headlight to taillight, cut up 200sx bumper and an engine that felt like an Rb20e up untill 5krpm when the turbo would kick in.

I can tell you that was one quiet car ride home.

[​IMG]

I had almost given up on looking until a tidy and stock S13 CA18DE MANUAL popped up on a buy and sell page on facebook. I was partly interested and set up a meeting. I actually lost interest and was about to cancel the viewing but me and a mate said F it and went for a cruise to view.

When we got to the viewing it instantly caught my eye, i took it for a drive and it went pretty decent for a 1.8L

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I knew it had abit of rust in the roof and i wasnt too fussed as i planned to sell it shortly after having some fun in it.

I bought it some BC Gold Coilovers for it and me and a few mates installed those on a Saturday but i didnt realise it had camber adjustable bolts and it was rubbing on the wheels. So after tinkering with it and a call to the mechanic :wack: we fixed it and man oh man it looked good!
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

The front was abit high as i had never installed coilovers before this and found adjusting them quite difficult at the time.

It was driven like this for a few weeks and then i stored it as me and a mate flew over to Sydney for World Time Attack Challenge and Formula-D.

[​IMG]

We saw some amazing cars over there such as the 767B and he styling of cars in Aus was off the chain :nod: But back to it!

[​IMG]

I picked up a few things over there like a new Gktech overflow and a new HKS oil cap.

[​IMG]

When we returned i had big plans in store for the S13.

I contacted my local Parts importer and ordered an Originlabo Body kit, +20 vented front fenders and +50 rear fenders.

[​IMG]

I gave the rear fenders a little mock up with some tape and they looked good. I was abit intimidated at how i was going to fill the guards.

Plans went on halt as we were moving house that weekend.

Now settled into the new house which had a garage for storage �� i then stripped the front and gave the front fenders/bumper a little test fit and man i was so disappointed. The front fenders must have sunken in there molds and the body lines were all out of wack, the bonnet wasn't at the same level as the fenders (bonnet was higher regardless of adjustment) and the bumpers pillars in the middle weren't symmetrical.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And i know most fibreglass needs filling and shaving but these were over the top. the cost do fix them would have been more than to buy them again!

I know these seem like small things but i can be a perfectionist and that really annoyed me.

Oh and to top it off i found a small patch of rust on the upper wheel arch. It looked like an essy fix but i dont have the welding/fabrication skills to do so. Things weren't looking good from here.

I messaged the guy who got me all the Origin gear and he was very helpful and he agreed to swap the front fenders and the bumper for new ones when his next shipment arrived and that was just awesome!

In the mean time while i wait for that i decided to research what wheels i would like to run. I had always loved Work Wheels and for genuine Japanese wheels they can be cheaper than the rest for bang for buck.

I decided to see if Work Wheels NZ had any stock left of some XD9's as i heard they were now discontinued and they were just selling off there stock reserves. I secured a set of XD9's 18x9 +20 and 18x10+18 in silver!

[​IMG]

I was super stoked with my purchase!

#2 JDMPEBBLES, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  3. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

I can totally understand what you mean about the fibreglass wings, it's so frustrating!!

Anyway, car looks good dude, seems like you have some real good plans. Keep us updated :)

4. JDMPEBBLES

JDMPEBBLES New Member

Fibreglass can be the worst haha and thanks man! i will do!

5. CMR

CMR Member

Do love XD9's.

6. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Pity you're going wide body, those wheel sizes would look killer on rolled stock guards

Plans engine-wise?

7. JDMPEBBLES

JDMPEBBLES New Member

Engine wise I've planned to go S13 blacktop from a Type X.

8. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

I bet the 13s in Aus are practically rust free, unlike in the UK!!

9. NoelB

NoelB Member

Love two tones. Nice progress. Should make a real nice car

10. BenRice

Nice insult

He's from New Zealand

11. BenRice

Good move.

Do you want to sell your old stock front guards?