Joe’s Onevia – BDC – Street Legal – Carloan4u.co.uk

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Joe-sef, Feb 3, 2009.

1. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

CURRENT SPEC

[​IMG]

This car is basically a fully road legal car, modified to meet the British Drift Championship Regulations. It was build with the Japanese Drift series “Street-Legal” still in mind as it was originally build with the hope that the UK would follow suit. The Car retains as much of the original interior as possible, a working radio, Air-conditioning and electric windows and mirrors.

The full spec is as follows
    Nissan Onevia SR20DET

At Flywheel
    320.32BHP
    312.9 FT/LB Torque

HKS Filter
    Z32 Air flow meter
    Greddy FMIC and HardPipes
    Greddy Oil Cooler
    Tomei 740 injectors
    Uprated full pump
    JapSpeed Manifold
    Exedy 3 paddle clutch
    Nismo Clutch Slave cylinder and arm
    Nismo Rad Cap.
    Full stanless 3" exhaust custom raised down pipe.
    and full exhaust raised into the chassis.

Greddy Boost controller
    Greddy Gauges and controller

OMP small steering wheel wheel + snap off boss.

Z32 Ally 4 Pots up Front with Redstuff pads
    Z32 Rear brakes with Project Mu pads
    Compu brake Hydraulic Handbrake
    DW hydro lines
    Willwood race brake Bias valve
    Cusco brake Stopper
    Adjustable lock stops

Steering rack bushes
    solid DW spacers
    Full Driftworks CS2 coilovers Pillball top mounts
    Front Strut Brace
    Fully poly bushed front and lower arms
    Poly bushed ARB's

R33 wheels all around

Safety

Full Frabricage Roll cage Twin door bars (Joined drivers) and Rear X brace.
    2 X Full 6 point Scroth racing Harnesses.
    OMP front and rear tow eyes
    Battery Relocated to Behind Drivers Seat
    Fire extinguisher
    Ignition Cut off
    Pull chords.
    Magic Areo Type kouki front bumper
    Magic Areo Type X Front Lip
    Magic Areo chucki Side skirts
    Magic areo Rear Spats
    Magic areo Ps13 rear lip
    OEM Nissan Spoiler

Thanks to.

Carloan4u
    Japspeed
    Driftworks
    Steve @ FC Tuning
    Mitch @ Drift Garage
    BDC
    Hywell, Chris, Haydon and all the guys/Girls who helped build the car.
    Everyone at Carloan4u and all the people who are in and support the Drift Team.
    Chrissy my amazing Girlfriend.

and a few other peeps, cant remember just now.

-----------------------BUILD THREAD STARTS :euge: -------------------
    Its been months waiting to start this topic. so here it is.

Basicly, have wanted a PS13 but always thought id be to scared to buy on incase i was going to smash it, so i thought id get a 180 instead as there generally alittle cheaper. but i managed to get one for alittle less then then 6K+ they were going on on PH.

Spec according to Importer:

17" WORK alloys, CUSCO coilovers, stainless tubular manifold, stianless turbo elbow, stainless decat downpipe, stainless 3" exhaust system, strut brace, GReddy boost controller, HKS induction kit, TRUST oil cooler with filter relocation kit, front mount intercooler, aftermarket rear diff, NISMO clutch, Greddy turbo timer, momo aftermarket steering wheel.

Photos

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    in this one there is a little tab off the oil filter baseplate seen coming from the top left, is this oil pressure or temp? any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now i need some help with the following, as most Imports im just trying to get my head around whats been done to the car.

[​IMG]
    now this is on the Induction Pipe. any ideas what it is why its blocked off?
    is that the standard induction pipe with the HKS bits on?

also this is in the rad hose im asuming is just a sandwich plate for a temp sensor which looks to be missing. the rad looks brand new aswell.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the car also only has a tiny battery, and if it doesnt start on the first turnover or second it doesnt have enough power to start the car - which when its been left for a week + in the cold can be a pain.

hard to see but im guessing this is the "service history" looks like its had a few anyways.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

just trying to work out if there is anything else on it, the turbo just says Garret and from what i could see quickly was M24 any ideas if this is stock?

Plans:

strip the nice bits out of the 100nx (seen in the back ground) and fit to this including Sparco rev solid state bucket seat, snap off boss wheel, spacer. and then sell that to buy some front tyres for this.

Split the wheels and go Gold With the Centres, does anyone know what torque Split rims should be done up to?

Then just get some seat time. lots of it.

any comments advice and help would be welcome.

#1 Joe-sef, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  2. Mattolodis

Mattolodis Active Member

Looks pretty clean forgive me for being dumb but what is the K's part ??

3. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

ill get the spec up in the min. i cant find it and theres a few things that im not to sure about with it.

the K's / club thing is al about model and extras and interiors as far as i am aware. like K's means king which is top notch, then queen and jack. the was also a Ace one which as almighty some striped out sr20de verson,

the pack of cards regards to like trim and stuff i think.

4. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

updated.. pics spec etc...

5. the hat

the hat Active Member

yeah the part next to your oil filter looks like a oil temp sender

oh and nice car by the way

6. pizzaboy

pizzaboy Rogue Tripper

Nice car indeedy:nod:. Perhaps also get the alignment/geometry checked as well make sure it's driving true. While your at it see if it has any nice adjustable arms underneath. Some importers fail to notice such things. Makes for a nice surprise:).

7. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

had a quick look underneath but cant see anythign to tasty - the weather has been to bad to get underneath the car.

on the oil filter relocation block there is another blanked off one below it, i read that the GREX block comes with blanked off threaded holes for both Oil temp and oil pressure - but i done know which one is which and which is currently in there!

8. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Looks like you have HID's too. :thumbs:

9. Thomas

Thomas Needs seattime ASAP

About the K-series designation and such......

(from Wikipedia)

In the mean time, nice looking motor!!

10. spin-king

spin-king Active Member

Joe nice looking motor glad its arrived back now matey.

What tyres you after for the front i have loads matey.

Give chris (chris m3 evo) a pm he will prob be able to tell you bits your stuck on as i am thick LOL.

Car looks ace matey get it lower :thumbs:.

Apart from the front bumper (happpens to em all ) looks nice and clean matey.

You comming the drift day then on march 5th :smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash::smash:

11. spin-king

spin-king Active Member

Oh yeah forgot to mention i have a spare front bumper if you need to get the one you have on sorted you can use mine this way wont keep you off the road.

12. RyanH

RyanH Lacks skills

I'm pretty sure T28s have M24 on them. The rollerbearing versions have 6 bolts on the turbo, where as the other versions have less, IIRC.

Either way, I think the red top SR20 come with a T25 as standard, so the T28 aint standard. :)

13. Ted

Ted DRIFT*DIVISION

The rubber hose on your HKS air filter pipe is designed to be plumbed in to your oil breather on the top of your rocker cover, sounds dodgy to me but thats how its ment to be legally apparantly....

Also correct about your oil filter relocator it had 2 feeds for both temp and pressure, and the sandwich plate in your radiator pipe is for your coolant temp sender:thumbs:

14. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

so it has a T28? is that out of a s14? iirc? or should i be alittle exited about it? im hopping to get out tomorrow see what else is on it. is the ECU under the dash abovce the transmition tunnel like in the 100?

cheers about the bumper to! might have to take you up on that at somepoint tony.

Someone came and put a deposit on the 100nx aswell last night so when thats gone ill have some funds to get this on the way.

i think firstly it needs to go somewhere on a rolling road, make sure its set up right. cause i have no idea what everything is set up at. anyone got a insruction manual for a Greddy profec B boost controller?

also the turbo chatter is nuts - should i be concerned?

also anyone recommend anywher up north to take it to for some fettling after ive dicoverd whats on it. i mean would i be right to assume with these mods done it would have had to have something done to the ECU other wise id be getting fuel cut/det?

i hate being a newbie to an engine, cant wait to get it out at some point. i hate not knowing my way around my own cars...

15. Ted

Ted DRIFT*DIVISION

The ecu is in the passengers footwell on the left hand side behind the plastic panel and you can get the greddy instruction manual off their website:thumbs:

16. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

made a point of getting home early... gutted... nothing to write home about in the footwell :(

but with these mods shouldent i be thinking about getting something?

17. Ted

Ted DRIFT*DIVISION

To be honest as youve already got a boost controller theres no real reason for a uprated ecu, maybe if you had injectors etc then yes definitly. But the mods are just basic engine mods, maybe speak to horsham developments for piece of mind, Im sure he does chips for many different specs

18. Joe-sef

Joe-sef -Broseph-

think ill just get it to a Rolling road, see whats going on before i do anything else, hoping to get it on the road and to a track Day at Jurby Isle of man for the 29th of march. date im aiming for to get it on the road by.

on the look out for a Sparco Rev seat if anyone has one going!

19. MR.T

MR.T DRIFT RETARDED

spend dolla to fix your xbox i say:nod:

20. alex_200sx

alex_200sx Active Member

Nice looking car fella. As for rolling roads, there's TDI north in Warrington or WGT Auto Developments in Middlewich (Cheshire)
    Also with your ECU, I'd go with Ted's advice, have a butchers on horsham developments for an ECU chip.

What track day thing is at Jurby? Aint that just an airfield?