Beginners Drift What you Brung day coming soon to the North West (Manchester)

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by lowdown, Jan 18, 2012.

1. lowdown

lowdown New Member

Hello everyone!

Ive been thinking about starting a new DWYB day in the north west as the only dedicated beginners one is Santapod which is over 4 hours drive for a lot of us up North.

I figured that this forum would be the best place to gauge interest etc. Ive been speaking to both MUFC and MCFC about the use of their car parks and both have agreed that they'd be up for it. The MCFC carpark is actually bigger than the stadium itself and can hold 2500 cars so this potentially could be as big as the Santapod event however I need to have an idea of interest before I committ to renting the space.

I'm pretty new to drifting myself and so have very few contacts in respect of Marshalls, experienced drifters for tuition etc so I'm going to need all the help I can get from the drifting community which has already proved itself to me as very friendly and helpfull. If the event goes well then this will be a regular deal every month and those who help out for the first event will be offered free use of the track at future events!

So basically the aim of this post is to gauge interest of the number of people who would be up for attending and drifting and also any people who would be up for marshalling and Tutoring. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated :)

Prices will be £5 gate entry
    and £60 for an all day drifting pass
    There will also be a bar, catering trailer, tyre changing facilities and possibly Go-Karting for the kiddies and the FWD boys :p

Below is a link to an arial view of the venue which as you can see is huge!
    Google Maps

2. R32 GTR

R32 GTR Active Member

Good to see someone taking initiative but you might want to look into Public Liability Insurance before going any further.

3. lowdown

lowdown New Member

Hi R32 GTR, thanks for the input. Ive already looked into Public Liablity Insurance and it is well within the budget :)

I think most insurers now are aware that drifting is a relatively safe form of motorsport.

4. R32 GTR

R32 GTR Active Member

Good luck then :)

5. DANB

DANB Active Member

Id be up for it most definatley, im a beginner myself, i want a big car park to play in like pod however not up for a 3 hour drive.

also interested in marshalling side of things too :)

Possibly speak to JohnJ - he sorts the things out at buxton so should be able to help you out a little bit.

6. lowdown

lowdown New Member

Thanks Dan :)

Ye I was thinking about speaking to the Driftone Team as I went to the buxton meet and had a wicked time there. When I heard about the buxton event I was buzzin as it was so close but it just isnt as tailored for beginners as I would have liked.

JohnJ if your reading I would love to have a chat with you about this, however the last thing I wanna be is competition! Im not in this for the money, Im doing it purely to fill the void! If you are up for playing a part or lending a hand I'd be over the moon and forever greatfull!

7. adamszki

adamszki biscuit not kouki

sounds like a great idea,,, i would be up for this once my cars finished for sure!

8. redgpx

redgpx Member

I'd attend this, as you say a long way down to pod.

9. FERGUL

FERGUL Member

Yes this would be great I'd be definately interested in this

10. Munkul

Munkul Active Member

I would be there, as long as its not a sunday

11. wiganer31

wiganer31 Member

sounds good, i would be there at most of them aslong as they dont clash with buxton dates, id also be willing to help out and setup etc, whatever i can do to help really, give me a shout if you need a hand

cheers

12. FERGUL

FERGUL Member

I haven't got a clue what's involved well got a faint idea, but if you need a hand, I'll help with whatever, give me something to do at night :D

13. lowdown

lowdown New Member

Ok well thats enough reassurance for me :) and what ever help i can get will be much appreciated so thankyou all!! Goin to check out the grounds with the manager of the place this week so will get sum pics. I just need to sort all the disclaimer stuff, insurance and all that, set a date and then whore it out on some other forums ;)

Thanks for ur support

Ali

14. greenbug22

greenbug22 Member

Defo get this sorted im coming just down the a6 yeah!!!!

15. JakeBlood

JakeBlood Member

Id be up for this, only live in Buxton so just down the road.

Im a beginner too so would be good to have a big open space like pod to practice on.

16. FERGUL

FERGUL Member

It is massive I actually thought about it but at the time I never had a drifty car

17. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

Nice work man, id be down to give a bit of input on track layout and such if you need any help..

18. tippers

tippers Active Member

Deffo up for this. It gonna be nice to have another drift day round the cornerish

19. mbh69

mbh69 Member

i'm game, anything i can help with let me know, get a facebook page going as well.
    may be worth asking if any local performance parts people etc would like a stand in they sponsor the events etc?

20. lowdown

lowdown New Member

Yeah these are all great ideas! :)

Right gunna do a facebook page so may just scrap the whole website thing for now untill it takes off. If any of you guys have got some good pictures of your cars especially in action if you could email them to egos_86@hotmail.com or just link me up with the page I can nick em from....Dont wanna be nickin peoples pics without permission you see.

Paz, I will definately need help planning the track. All I have to go off now is google maps however Im going to speak to the site Manager about a test day to plan all this stuff and obviously "test the surface" ;) So hopefully in next few days there will be a chance for a couple of people to bring their car round just for half an hour or so to test the surface and get some action snaps/video so if your interested in this get in touch.

Ali