Learn2drift half day

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by thenextdk, Dec 9, 2013.

1. thenextdk

thenextdk Member

Can anyone tell me how much actual seat time to expect on a half day with learn 2 drift??

Thinking ideal Xmas present for the wife.........

Cheers guys

2. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

10 minutes donuts/ figure eights, 5 minutes short course driving then 3 minute passenger ride. :)

3. thenextdk

thenextdk Member

For £200!?! I know there is a drift academy run thing that does a 2 hour thing that sounds like that, but sure that was around £60??

If that's all it is then not a chance for that sort of money!!??!

4. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

At Allstars Drift Academy (according to their website) you get two 5-minute car control sessions involving donuts and figure-of-eights. Then 5 laps of the slalom course, then two passenger laps with one of their international level drift instructors. Price = £169

This equals:

10 minutes donuts/ figure eights, 5 minutes short course driving then 3 minute passenger ride. :)

Which sounds exactly the same as L2D.

Both schools have solid pricing on their websites which are heavily discounted on websites like Groupon, Amazon Local and the like. ;)

Ian. :)

5. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

Lol I'm in the wrong job!

6. Andy_F

Andy_F S13+S15=S28?

Fuck me!

7. lukeyg

lukeyg Active Member

And plenty of people actually pay for that??

8. davetherave

davetherave Member

Me too!

9. Ricky Emery

Ricky Emery Active Member

It's not actually that price when you buy it through a voucher company, i.e groupon etc.

10. Bartman

Bartman New Member

I did this half day. Got it because there was an offer on Groupon think it was £60 or around that. Was a good laugh but I wouldn't suggest it unless you get it on offer. Wouldn't have been impressed if I had paid full price for it.

11. thor666

thor666 New Member

Same here total rip off if you pay full price! Get the discounted vouchers off of the already mentioned sites

12. thenextdk

thenextdk Member

Was this at Birmingham wheels when u guys went?

13. CrabsterDrift

CrabsterDrift Callum Craddy

Fucking hell lol.. Plenty people unsure of what they're talking about above... On Group On/Living Social/Amazon Local and a few other deal sites, It costs just over £60 for the half day experience. Yes it doesn't sound like you do much, But people do learn and walk off with 'ear to ear' smiles on their faces. Venues are country wide also so easy access for anybody, anywhere.

You get 10 minutes being taught dohnuts (Controlling them, not just full lock and foot down.. Actually getting wider whilst spinning) then moving onto figure 8 in that same time. Followed by 'Short Course' training which teaches you how to enter a drift (the easy way), manji, and exit the drift. Then 3 laps passenger ride in a twin battle/3 - 4 car train if at Bovingdon.

14. alfabet

alfabet New Member

My son and I bought this deal and opted for Skegness venue. was very disappointed. Very amateurish setup. Questioned safety aspect as wasn't happy and basically told didn't have "balls" Walked away from the experience as looked very risky. We have done 18,000ft sky dives etc so judge for yourselves. Told no one had ever hit the walls but the cars had heavy front and rear damage. Make your own mind up!!

15. Luckios

Luckios New Member

I have a Learn2Drift voucher - and am looking to book into one of the venues - any advice on which is the 'best' or when would be best to book in? Looking to get the best experience from this! :-)

16. bigknob

bigknob Member

Luckios, venues vary, Teesside Autodrome, then Birmingham / Skegness, then rockingham for the high speed laps, (rockingham we normally do a 3/4 car train) Birmingham or rockingham for the short circuit, rockingham for doughnuts and figures of 8, due to the size of the area... And run off areas...

Skegness's short circuit is split between a small slalom then a doughnuts round a cone on the other side of the track very low speed technical where Birmingham & rockingham is a lot bigger short circuit... So the speeds are lifted...

Seat time vary's on each of the experiences Skegness & Teesside we run lower group numbers, due to the drive around the main circuits between laps also not being able to run as many cars...

Birmingham we do the evening sessions so high speed laps are under floodlights are totally awesome...

Teesside you actually use part of the BDC licensing section of the west circuit, for the short circuit, all the venues vary...

Alfabet - in 3 yrs we have had 1 client whom has hit the wall on power where a new instructor didn't hit the safety shut down systems in the car and panicked... Client was perfectly fine, instructor was sore from seat belt as no steering wheel to help, car was wounded... The cars can be stopped near enough instantly with the safety features inside the cars.. These have been increased with the ability of locking all 4 wheels when really required. With a new lock up system... At the controls of the instructors...

Front / rear & side wing damage is normally on the high speed laps with the instructors pushing the cars to the max, as known in drifting rubbing is racing. As explained in drivers briefing we try to create a comp environment..

Each of the sections you do, there is a separate drivers/ safety briefing... Skegness to date, we have only had an instructor clip the wall when he ran out of talent and couldn't see the wall for tyre smoke this has been addressed by damping down the circuit...

The 4hr experience is set up as a taster experience, the guide price per voucher is £69... Between 20-30 mins driving time... (£199 on the main site)

We have just launched a new experience which is our 1hr basic session, for 14yrs up upwards, where it gives them the chance only at Rockingham to do doughnuts and figures of 8 then high speed laps... These are taking out the short circuit allowing people without licenses to try it, the voucher company prices are £39 per session.

They are set up as a taster experience, if your looking for seat time the full day sessions are the way to go, as the full day beginners session when on discount from the fb page or to clients as a follow on from there experience is £285 for 105 mins driving and the full day 1-2-1 is £595 for up to 6hrs seat time and as many tyres as you can kill in the day :) full day intensive sessions we get the clients to grow a pair, and to give some ideas the scanny flicks normally are between 60-100mph entry speeds of course we can't run the full day sessions on any of the venues apart from rockingham as we need the run off safety area to stop the cars... It the clients mess up...

We try and make the sessions fun & safe at the same time under controlled environments, off the roads, and a chance to jo public to come and be an asbo or a retard like all drifters are ;)

Hope this settles the questions above

17. grahamc

grahamc Member

If its just the half day or intro course, definitely get a voucher - still a good laugh..... did mine through DriftStars at Brands

I have also done a full day at Bruntingthorpe with Learn2Drift and it was awesome!! I had an instructor, big section of track and car (swapped cars a couple of times) to myself, all day. Absolutely awesome day!!! Waiting for a voucher for the intro course for the missus, but after that will do another day with L2D with her.