Buxton Raceway 5th and 6th April - Practise Day.

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Matthew Watson, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Matthew Watson

Matthew Watson New Member

The next weekend up at Buxton Raceway is April 5th and 6th both starting from 9am.

It's a tenner to get in, still a tenner to be a passenger per day, and £20 to drive per day.

This event is at Buxton raceway, about 3 miles from Buxton town at SK17 0RR.

The timetable will be something like this:

Friday night - camping available. Depending on numbers the bar may be open.

Saturday. Drift practice from 9 am till 6pm

There will be a tyre van on site, £5 per rim to change tyres. TyrZ will be in attendance and following last times drifting he has a rough list of sizes that you guys want.

Practice sessions are tailored to drivers ability. If you are new and want to go out alone that's fine, let us know. If you're with a mate and want to practice twinning then queue up together and let the gate men know. You'll see the regular guys going out in huge trains, I've seen 14 or more, quite something.

Saturday night. Bar open until late. Mayhem and daft games all night. Camping free. There are good clean toilet facilities for a wash in the morning but no showers or hot water.

Sunday. Circuit opens at 9 for practice. Then at 3 we'll have the competition. This will be on a different track layout to whatever practice track we've had and is open to everyone. A prize for the winner of the comp will be FREE drifting the month after, therefore with Alan Espley winning the comp he will receive a FREE drift weekend this time round.

Also on a separate thing from the Comp i also picked a driver from Saturday and Sunday who will also receive a prize of a free weekends drifting next month, The lucky people were James Oliver and Craig Hallem, this has been done as a thank you from Buxton to all the Drifters from March's event.

There should be an hour's practice afterwards if you aren't competing, but no guarantee.

There's a burger van on site and a bar open. Anyone thought to be drinking and drifting will be breathylised.

£10 per day to get in for every adult. £20 to put your car on track (per driver), and £10 to be a passenger. Kids get in free. Passenger rides available.

Please read the timetable above and understand what you are coming to. Also the competition is open to EVERYONE so don't worry about your level of ability, you're welcome to have a go.

Be nice to gauge interest after what was a cracking opener to the season so please add you names to a list.

Can't wait to have you all back for a mad weekends drifting.

Thanks

Matthew Watson
    Buxton Raceway Promoter

#1 Matthew Watson, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2014
  2. JakeBlood

JakeBlood Member

Ill be there again, glad to see buxtons back on form

3. wigwambam

wigwambam Member

I will likely be down for the Saturday, can't wait!

4. gitgroup

gitgroup Member

I will be their. Guessing Ian, Ben and Iggs will be too.

5. gitgroup

gitgroup Member

Our video from last month

#5 gitgroup, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  6. fez06

fez06 Member

Waleswood lads are going to try and make this think we can only do the Sunday though so hopefully see you all there

7. olew3523

olew3523 Member

Me and ross will be there

8. PikeyMike

PikeyMike Member

Ill be there, not sure if just sunday or both days yet... i hate the camping, it's fucking freezing and every time i've camped some wanker has decided revving the knob off his car at 3am is acceptable.

9. jon07043278

jon07043278 Well-Known Member

Don't seem to be many Sunday pics. Anybody know who the main togs were?

10. RedlineRob

RedlineRob Member

11. PikeyMike

PikeyMike Member

dude, you got an awesome pic of me!

[​IMG]

12. aD13

aD13 New Member

Kiss the barrier - nice! :thumbs: