Santa pod running better?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Richy84, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Richy84

Richy84 Member

Is it just me having had a buzzing day, or did anyone else notice how much better the big track was flowing, I know we had the usual busy after lunch, but I came away feeling alot more satisfied even with my clutch slave going and fork coming out/breaking/who knows yet!

Hopefully it wasn't just a one off

Looking forward to the feature them chaps where doing

2. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

The dwyb team have had a lot of small and large changes implemented at yesterday's dwyb , thanks for the feedback .

[emoji16]

3. little1

little1 New Member

Yeah Seemed Alot Better! The Only Problem I had Was Hitting The Pot Hole At The Top Hair Pin And Poped My Front Tyre Off The beed!

4. Richy84

Richy84 Member

Kinda enjoyed that pot hole. A marker for the corner that couldn't be punted out the way lol.
    Sucks about your tyre tho

5. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

Agree it was a good marker but could do with sorting in the long run. Parking on the approach road worked well. :)

6. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

What changes? I've not been for too long.

7. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Just a tidy up stav , moved the tyre van so more space for using airline , tried to reduce public parking in the pits to a minimum , used last lap boards on the main track as well as the usual finish flag.

Used wrist bands for passengers , and no more standing in the start line in between cars in the end two rows (safety etc)

Few other little changes behind the scenes too , new marshalls , marshalls meetings , bit more professional but still fun.

:)

8. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

Only thing I noticed, the man hole cover lifted out the ground on the final/start corner of the top track. People were drifting past it, if someone hit it I imagine it would have flown over to someone..

Needs locking in place, it was just pushed back in by a marshall..

9. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

Yea that cover is usually off line for most people and a cone should be on top of it , I will pass it on see if we can get it tack welded in.

10. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

I didnt take a look but some liturally lock in with a twist.

I forgot to mention it on the day so ta (Y)

11. miffy

miffy Member

First of all im gonna say pod are the only days that ive been too .I loved it and It does exactly what its always been advertised it does .
    But it always makes me think it would be go so much harder if it had groups on the big track .
    After a few days of spinning and holding up good drivers I got the hang of things and realised how much been slowing down or forever gripping round amateurs ruins the day . Not that Im any good but its hard to progress when you cant put down full hard laps . I thin inexperience drivers should drive with inexperiencedrivers

12. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Sounds good. I'll be back soon as the FC is working properly for a shakedown.

Ref what Miffy said- That'd be fucking hard work to enforce at Pod, and to be honest, I don't know how much it'd help as I've been just as held up by experienced, and never spinning, but slow drifters, as anyone else.

Learning to avoid and the massively varying speeds are a good thing to learn, that's how I see it anyhow.

And if I go first then it's no prob for a bit, if I'm not first I make sure I leave a gap at first to give a decent chance.

13. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

Maybe we need noob stickers (in pink) front and rear for all the people who can't put two corners together, intermediate (in orange) for those who can link a couple of bends and green for people who can link the whole track. Then send people out together in similar skilled groups. Or just have different lanes. :)

14. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

sounds like a ball ache to enforce.

the best thing to do is to leave a decent gap between you and the driver in front as you pull of the line, ie don't all go racing off together.. as that way if the guy in front spins he has time to sort his act out before you reach him.

also when you are at the front of the que be ready to go when the marshal waves you onto the track and not be flapping around with seatbelts, waving to your mom, go-pro's etc.. as this has a knock on effect to those waiting at the back of the line.

issues like stray man hole covers are out of the control of the marshals to an extent and con only be reported back to pod to be rectified for the next event. if you find issues with the venue be sure to point it out to a marshal in a polite manner so it can be addressed.

#14 gaz_moose, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  15. DtheBUK

DtheBUK Active Member

At driftland they just have two ques one for pros one for amateurs and it works well. If one line starts dwarfing the other they tend to deal with it well by moving people forward n such. However there is probably more of a need for it driftland over pod.

16. Richy84

Richy84 Member

Think it works well as it is. Look at lydden, no matter what group, you get held up. At pod only running 4 cars at a time no one gets held up for long at all

17. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

Yeah the waitings minor. TBH all cars go off at once, I either get out first or wait a bit for the others to get a start ahead. i dont think theres much to be gained to session the 3-4 minutes you get on track.

18. Bolf

Bolf Resident Nut Job.

If your in a group of folks , just organise yourself in a block of four cars and join the queue simultaneously , then when your run is over , rejoin the queue and your safe , if the end of the queue is say 2 cars , just wait for two more cars to come before joining. Give the marshall a toot to let them know and they'll assist when they can.

19. Clive

Clive Active Member

Always liked pod, Really impressed with how much the organisation has improved.

Skilled driver comment. Come on.. Only 4 cars that track- simply find your own space.

The pot hole one, I borrowed a mates car to do a few laps, never went near it- was well off line. It's like complaining to lydden they put a gravel trap in where the track ends :)

Sticker thing Blackett. Far too complicated and unnecessary.

20. Richy84

Richy84 Member

The pot hole is actually the corner cone I believe, at the beginning of the day, just the cones get moved around