trolley jacks - recomendations

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by fudi, Jan 27, 2011.

1. fudi

fudi More Doors 4 whores

Well everyone's got one and I need a new one so what do people recommend ?
    I'd like it to be a wide chassis with the wide lifting point and preferably with quick lift option. Also low entry is an obvious part ;-)

2. Mark_D

Mark_D Active Member

I own a 3 Tonne Arcan one from Costco and the thing has totally exceeded expectation and has in my eyes paid for itself.

They were £71 exc vat in Costco when I bought mine last year although I actually bought mine from ebay which worked out at about £90 posted I believe.

By far the best value trolley jack going as everything else which compared was over the £100 mark. I read up on jacks for ages and there wasn't a dodgy review about these.

Super low entry (lower than all of the "low entry" sealeys and clarkes) wide so it doesn't look like its going to fall over, nice big lifting plate, only takes a few pumps and the car is up.

Maximum height is mental, I don't think i've ever used anything over about 1/3

This is my one: Arcan 3 Tonne Low Lift Trolley Jack 3000KG Professional on eBay (end time 23-Feb-11 12:12:48 GMT)
    (gone up in price a bit although still worth it)

This is the ally one they do which wasn't available when I bought mine:
    ARCAN ALUMINIUM 1.8 TON LOW ENTRY QUICK TROLLEY JACK on eBay (end time 31-Jan-11 18:40:58 GMT)

The single downside of the of I have is the weight, not the most ideal jack to be having for skid days. I've had this in and out of the car to take to a mates loads of times but not ideal...

3. CL4RKY

CL4RKY New Member

Sealey do a low entry 3 ton or the premier 3 ton low entry rocket lift look on euro car parts website or eBay is usually a good bet their both reliable and affordable

4. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

Do not buy alloy ones, fucking hate them, defo never want to get under a car with one ever!

the one to buy is the Sealey 2000LEQ, retails for about £220-240 delieverd.

[​IMG]

There are some copies of this jack but they are not as good.

5. CL4RKY

CL4RKY New Member

Thats the one I mentioned ;)

6. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

Where ? I saw you mentioned a 3 ton jack which is the bulky one, not the low entry 2 ton I've just pointed out :smash:

Fail to see where you've mentioned this... :wave:

7. tathan

tathan Member

The halfords high lift one is often on offer, only about £40 instead of £80 for a decent high lifter with lifetime guarantee iirc

8. mint

mint touch my fruit

i have some JCB one or something - It works perfect for the last 2 years or 3 i cant remember.. and its finally given up the goat now.. however still work, just a bit more rough :p

9. CL4RKY

CL4RKY New Member

the premier (made by sealy) 3 tonne low entry rocket lift is identical to the one in the pic you posted and sealey do a red version of it iirc with their name on i wasnt referring to the big one they make

10. o0o

o0o -=Proud_A31_Owner=-

what do you want with jacks?:D
    you need to get one of these...

#10 o0o, Jan 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2017
  11. PhillE30

PhillE30 Member

all well and good but how do you take the wheel off when its on there?

12. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

I agree with Clarkey, don't get a lightweight alloy one, they're shite.
    I've had a Clarke 3ton one for years, its WELL heavy, but solid.

13. cefiro_drifta

cefiro_drifta Mad pointing Munky

those sealey ones weigh like 30 kilos lol.

14. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

Try 60kg. That's why they are so good. We've had two. The quick lift has stopped working on both, so I'm about to buy a third as there is nothing better out there from my findings.

15. Jord200

Jord200 Active Member

i have a 3 tonne arcan one aswell! absolutley immense! iv used a few in various bodyshops ive worked in, mainly sealy ones.... very good, but very wide. id defo buy another arcan! their that good value their waaaayy under priced imo!

iv seen people with alloy race jacks that have popped oil out and shat themselves!

Arcan ftw! (the 3tonne sticker doesnt stand for how much it can lift, but more along the lines of how heavy the jack is! :D lol

16. fudi

fudi More Doors 4 whores

/\ if its good enough for 'the guy'

are you referring to the one clarkey posted above phil

17. warby

warby Lifestyler Deluxe

I have 2, 3 tonne omega branded with quick lift foot pedal, they did me three years of tractor work usually very over loaded, now still doing me fine with my cars, they were about £80 at a motor factor local.

I only use low entry alloy jacks, where needed, to get high enough to use the big ones :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. ben lukkie

ben lukkie Member

mmm bought this jack just yesterday from a well established autosports company
    [​IMG]

should I be worried about oil popping out and shitting myself?

btw, any points I need to check regularly? I'm only using it on drift days, like once a month

#18 ben lukkie, Jan 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  19. swiftmini

swiftmini Active Member

will be fine for driftdays, just dont lie underneath witht the jack holding the full weight of the car, use a stand or throw a wheel under the car so you dont get crushed if it does let go.

20. Jord200

Jord200 Active Member

i wouldnt let it worry you. doesnt happen to everybody lad! just saying iv seen one go and not so pretty! :( like swiftmini says, you should use stands or something whenever jacking a car! i still do everytime!

atleast its lightweight and easy to lift in and out the car at driftdays! mines a bastard and i just about throw my back out when i lift it! :(