1. spiritoftrixy

spiritoftrixy Member

Just started to build an e46 323ci skid missile as my bad to the bone 200sx is forever having problems.
    But unbelievable I'm gettin it back end of the weak, the unusual dilemma is it's fully forged running 500bhp and I've barely been sideways!! I can skid but lack confidence cause the only practice has been in my show 200sx and its too pretty to hurt.
    The question is do I continue with both and have one as a daily?? My biggest problem is I don't do things by halves. Already had banded steels made for the Beamer.
    What to do??

2. CBRParr

CBRParr Active Member

This is more of a financial and space issue at the end of the day, what can you afford to do? If you can keep both then go for it. If you can't afford to then sell the show car for lots more than a 'Missile BMW' and go and skid said BMW, once you have more disposable income then spend money on your drift car or buy another show car. If you want to get better at drifting, skid the BMW...

3. mint

mint touch my fruit

Sounds like the common 'S Body' experience.. Buy Silvia, spend mega cash for all the HP.. results are, not reliable, too much power to learn.. and of course the classic.. "Its now too nice to drift."

My advice, sell the datsun .. buy a cheap FWD daily and use the rest of the cash for seat time in the BMW.

Thats if you want to drift.. if you dont, I cant help you. :p

4. Pete_the_Russian

Just skid it. You worry too much :nod:

If everyone had that mentality of 'too nice to skid' then we would all be driving pieces of shit and never see cars like this on a track:

[​IMG]

5. spiritoftrixy

spiritoftrixy Member

Thanks guys for your thoughts! I actually wasn't clear I have two s14a's one stripped out beast and a beauty.
    I learnt in the beauty with the intent of hammering the beast. But it's barely seen the light of day. I'm scared of weather once it's back and everything has been done properly it will go wrong on me!!
    To add to the mix I've got a half finished e46.
    Ahhhhhhh i dunno love them all in there own way!! Ow don't forget the girlfriend and the need to buy a house lol
    When life get so complicated!!!

6. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

I blame having a show car, that's where you went wrong in life

7. spiritoftrixy

spiritoftrixy Member

Not really built it myself, was a good project. Many years of enjoyment!!

8. GETitSIDEways

GETitSIDEways Mutha Funka

How can a car be to nice to drift......?
    This is why the sport is going down-hill. Take up banger racing dude.

#8 GETitSIDEways, Nov 2, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  9. -Tommy.

-Tommy. Member

This is the problem with drifting personally. It seems to be the standard 'you cant drift a nice car' so must buy a missile, ends up being sideways banger racing.

When someone new comes in to the sport, it seems this is just the way a lot of people run their cars but in reality, its just that seat time is more important primarily. I cannot help but think 'ah awesome wheels they'd look great, but that's 5 drift days worth of cash, i'd rather that'.

If you have to, take off all the pretty and expensive panels and parts when you learn on track... and as you gain confidence leave it as a whole car and look boss.

10. spiritoftrixy

spiritoftrixy Member

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    This is the car I learnt in, I can't bring myself to hurt it as I built it myself.
    Then I built myself a skid car (also a s14a) that is highly spec'd but I've had no end of problems. So in the mean time I bought myself the e46.

11. Munkul

Munkul Active Member

this 100%

Just skid the s14, its NOT too nice, just dont be a pillock, you can SO SO EASILY LEARN TO DRIFT WITHOUT CRASHING!!!!

Its the later bits when you know fine well how to skid after several years of drifting, but you push the limits further and further and do silly things, that's when you crash :) :)

but by then you kinda want a mega spec car anyways so you shrug your shoulders, repair it and get on with life!!!

12. Yeah_Mick

Yeah_Mick Beauty Purr!

stop being gay.

13. mint

mint touch my fruit

This ^

Scene Kids. In it for; that, 'Drifter Look'.

#13 mint, Nov 5, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2014
  14. Aaron328

Aaron328 Member

My advice- Grow some balls and go ruin the ozone layer through burning rubber.

15. Marg

Marg Member

Clean drift cars going full retard are cool.

Banger racers are still cool.

But I've always been told but the guys don't think about crashing.

If you don't want to do it don't do it. You probly know in your head what you want to actually do.

16. B3AM3R

B3AM3R Member

Just do it. No matter what car. whatever is affordable is usable.
    just stay out of twin drifts and nothing too bad will happen to your cars.

17. YoDK

YoDK New Member

Sell up, buy something you don't care about, have endless days of fun in what you don't care about, and go on holiday with the change left from selling up.

18. Argonaut

Argonaut New Member

Or just scared to potentially ruin something they've worked so hard for..

My advice? Search out Novice drift days and get talking. Yes, this S14 is too perfect to goto waste but instead of jumping in the deep end, progress in the way you feel comfortable and build up the confidence knowing that you might've ruined it all otherwise.

19. Nutter

Nutter Member

Too nice to drift..............

People only crash because they go full retard! Stay away from the walls and any obstacles and you'll be fine. I learnt at Buxton, track is basically a steel ring, and about to take my 350z up there. The amount of cool cars that go Buxton is unreal. In fact Birmingham wheels again a steel ring and cool cars go there all the time and they have a playpen. Now tell me your s14 is too nice to drift.

Just to note, get rid of your s-bodies in the end it will only be days/weeks/months of heartache! Go back to NA and live a happy and rust free life.

Also loving the two tone although I thought myself about using the stripe down the side of the car as a two tone line.

20. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Get some bash bars on the 14! Go do some mental skids...