Newbie Drifter , Cheap Drift missile ? What to get ? Part i will need etc

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Finch Wxm, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Finch Wxm

Finch Wxm Member

Ive been looking at various Bmw's E36 325 , 328 . Bmw Compact 325, MX5 .

What would people recommend to get ? I don't want to spend Massive money and just want to sort the basics to get it drifting well like a welded diff , coilovers etc.

Is there any other cars potentially , Looking at £1000 and below fo the car .

Do particular engines struggle to go sideways ?

Rough Parts I will need and prices for bits so I have a rough idea.

I have a e46 330ciconvert but I will be selling this as this is to nice to skid.

I have a 400bhp on a GTX2867 turbo S14A Full kouki kit so I don't want to learn in this.

Any info and advice would be most appreciated.

I was at drift matsuri and need to learn.

2. willashcroft

willashcroft Member

An Mx5 will teach you to drift without power.

And it's a hell of a lot of fun.

3. Finch Wxm

Finch Wxm Member

What Engines is best whith these and what mods are required to get it to skid ?

Is it 1.6 and 1.8 engines .

I just want somethink cheap so when I hit somethink I just laugh and bash it out with a hammer .

if I done that to my Nissan , I would cry :-)

4. mint

mint touch my fruit

Mate, you'v been a member on here for 4 years. You must surely be aware that this question is asked on almost a daily basis? Surely?
    Can I ask if you have looked yourself at all? Like all this information has been posted so many times not just on here but a quick google search will inform you with everything you need to know.

It doesnt matter between the 1.6 and 1.8 in terms of power, there both basically the same. It needs a diff, some coilovers and thats it. Add some rack spacers for more lock.

5. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

And a drivers bucket seat.

This will be locked in a sec, but all the above it all you need.

I think, after having 2x 1.8s and 3x 1.6s now, I prefer the 1.6, but either or.

6. Finch Wxm

Finch Wxm Member

Yes I have been a member as I own a 200SX turbo but im now looking into a cheap drift missile and looking for people experience who are also doing this on a budget and what they have changed or bought based on experience !

I know about welding diff etc but ive never drifted a car so how the hell would I know whether a MX5 1.6 in under powered or not.

When people ask me about my car or parts I don't tell them to search a forum ! Whats the point of forums if people get shot down for advice and people views .

7. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Because all your answers were already on this forum. As the exact question gets asked 5 times a week. So the same people have given the same advice 100 times.

8. driftyste

driftyste Member

Bmw 323 much cheaper than 328 n I found it great

9. zornyan

zornyan Guest

You've been on here for 4 years and never drifted??