Bit of advice ?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by RS2K KID, Oct 30, 2014.

1. RS2K KID

RS2K KID New Member

I'm a teen and have no license as I'm underage but I'm car mad,I'm looking a cheap RWD car to have fun with in a field and to build experience,I don't have a big budget as I'm still in school.Any recommended car to get ? Cheers

2. mint

mint touch my fruit

Cars suck 85% of the time. They use all your money, use all your time, create shit ton's of stress and alot of effort.

Your still in School, no debt, no cars, no problems. My advice, leave cars for now. Enjoy your time not driving and not working because soon enough.. you will move out into the world and your gonna say to yourself. "Dam school life was eeeeeasy!" .. I wish I was back in School with no cars, life was a dream back then! hahaha.

But seriously, cars are expensive if you have little cash.. its not just buying it, its the up keep aswell.

Head over to some drift events and badger some drivers for pass runs. :) You could always look at finding tracks that would let you drive before getting a licence. Messing about in fields wont teach you much useful for drifting .. but I could be wrong, iv never done field driving before haha.

3. Daze

Daze THROWDOWN

Seriously, this x1000.

My folks used to say "enjoy school, its the best time of your life".
    Yeah right I thought.. Yup, it seriously is lol :(

4. StanceChild7

StanceChild7 Member

Whats your budget?

When I was 14 I had a MK1 Renault Clio that I paid £50 for, just fucked around In my Granddads field, Hand brake turns and shiz, I'd recommend doing this, if you can't afford a RWD car

5. OllieEN

OllieEN Member

Build a decent gaming setup, research into good wheels & good racing sims... You can practise most of the basic techniques on a good enough setup. You probably already have a console of some kind, find the right game n steering wheel and that'll tide your urges over between visiting drift events

If you've got no money (or suffer from unhelpful parents) then start earning your own, it'll put you in the right mindset for the huge money pit you'll encounter as soon as you get your provisional

6. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

Cool man, let us know where your granddads field is so we can all fuck around in it.

7. nolagg

nolagg New Member

Hahaha I am out to dinner with family and just died laughing at this out loud!

8. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

not really, school was shit !
    My life is a million times better since I left.
    It is a shit load easier, but not better.

9. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Gotta have a pretty wanky life now to think school as the best time. My school time was a right fuck about, but wasn't even close to what happened beyond then.

10. Jabo

Jabo New Member

Same here, growing up sucked. No money, no freedom. It might easier but it's definitely not better.

11. miffy

miffy Member

I wouldn't go back to school if you paid me , I would try find a e36 trampy slag , I think there was one on here a few months back ,
    316 for about £180 , it was fucked but would be a hoot in a muddy field lol

12. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

If I had access to somewhere to drive it, a cheap car to rag about is a fuck sight cheaper 99% of kids mountain bikes these days.

13. StanceChild7

StanceChild7 Member

Where are you located mate? I still have my clio which I might sell...

14. Horton

Horton Member

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha

15. Mgentry90

Mgentry90 Member

Get one of those gaming recaro seats with pedal box n shifter build in like a simulator thing.

16. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

If you've got access to a field then chances are you've probably also got access to beat up old farm vehicles and the like.

Farmers don't really like any old cunt turning up and tearing around the place either.

17. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

he says he knows the farmer.

personally id get friendly with the local scrap man and get 2 cars. that way you and your mates can bash them into each other till they are dead then swap them for another pair of cars.

18. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

I'm 16 and don't have a licence but I've got a project car that I can build up with my grandparents every now and again. I say get a bmw or something and just mess around with it and improve your knowledge... :thumbs:

19. Argonaut

Argonaut New Member

This is what I do, practice in many different simulators with full wheel/pedals. Can't wait to start myself soon(ish).