Maldon, Essex....Nowhere to skid around here?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Minimoke, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

Hey all,
    Got a skid car and have done a lot of Googling, but it seems the only places near me are Arena Essex and Pod, the former being nearly an hour away and the latter being about two. Is there nowhere closer to me that you chaps know of? I'm happy to drive if I have to but it'd be good to know of some smooth tarmac a bit more local.

Ta,
    Chris.

2. mint

mint touch my fruit

1 hour is local. 2 hours is normal. Thank yourself lucky you dont need to drive 12 hour round trip to get to Teesside. :smash: :smokin:

3. Chunky Nugget

Chunky Nugget honkeytits!!

That's so close to stuff. 2 hours to anywhere for me. You need to travel dude to get the most out of it, this year I've done Scotland, Wales and Birmingham. Plus Lydden's only down the road from you too. 2 hours is standard travel dude.

4. Gogzy

Gogzy Active Member

i love having driftland 5 mins from my front door lol

5. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

Ring the council, tell them their being out of order by not providing you a nearer drift track and theyll build you one closer i bet.

6. Srs_721

Srs_721 Member

I live just down the road from you and to be honest i dont think its to bad where we are. 40 minutes to arena on a good day, norfolk and pod are easy enough to get to, Also lydden aint to terrible!

7. pecs

pecs Member

2 hour drive is I've found mate.

8. TommyB

TommyB Member

i live in colchester and yer its arena essex or pod tbh ( and lydden) unless your on the street...not advised!

9. Minimoke

Minimoke Member

Hey chaps,
    Cheers for the replies, I thought this would be the case. Like I said if they're the closest ones then I'll have to do it, I'm sure it'll be worth it. Glad I got a comfy old Soarer now :-) Just gotta work out where to out the spare wheels....

Ta.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey chaps,
    Cheers for the replies, I thought this would be the case. Like I said if they're the closest ones then I'll have to do it, I'm sure it'll be worth it. Glad I got a comfy old Soarer now :-) Just gotta work out where to out the spare wheels....

Ta.

10. rob0r

rob0r Member

Snetterton, if they are running anymore dates (I hope...)