Trade insurance?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by milez, Jan 18, 2015.

1. milez

milez Active Member

I know this has been covered in the past but would like a up to date view on it. Ive currently got 5 cars, 3 which run and work and a unit that I work out off so I could really do with trade insurance. Whos the people to go with? How much roughly is it?

Cheers guys

2. Ruishy1

Ruishy1 Active Member

roadrunner

3. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

They're pretty tight on it now tho, you've gotta blag it much harder than you used to.

4. milez

milez Active Member

anyone else got any recomondations?

5. kaskev

kaskev New Member

I've had trade insurance using Tradewise. In the end I moved to insuring individual cars as it was cheaper. I'm not sure what you would class your business as to blag it. They ask a lot of in depth questions.

6. milez

milez Active Member

im going to start ringing up a few places next week, What do you guys say you are??? part time sellers? mecahanics?? etc

7. Liam.

Liam. Active Member

When i read ''Im going to start ringing'' i started pissing my self :) Im with think insurance who are under writen by tradewise. Im down as a part time motor trader . It depends what you want from your insurance really . Mine will only cover 3rd party but cover me on imports . Apparently it is hard to get now but i have been with them for 3 years now. Give them a shout and see what they say 08445732850

8. zornyan

zornyan Guest

Don't forget trade insurance will only give trade value of a vehicle in a crash. So writing off an sbody will net you a couple hundred quid as opposed to a few grand. Can't argue with them for valuations like normal insurance either.

Obviously that's along side the fact if you crash and they find out your not actually a trader then you'll get majorly buttfucked.

#8 zornyan, Jan 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2015
  9. kaskev

kaskev New Member

I registered as a vehicle parts retailer and workshop, but then that was the truth lol. They will sting you for covering classic cars and performance cars vs a basic policy. Certainly with classics i couldnt get comprehensive cover without paying more. I still think multi-car policies are going to be better for you. Mine cost I think £1400 for the vehicle cover. I was however able to drive any other peoples more modern cars with comprehensive cover which was a nice perk at the time.

10. VDTalks

VDTalks New Member

Ive been with Tradex for the last year on 3rd party but covers me for damage to third third parties but depends on what you need from your motor trade insurance. Product liability can be good for protecting yourself against defective parts that are fitted.