Whats the best buy for under 6K

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by RyanHUK, Mar 26, 2015.

1. RyanHUK

RyanHUK New Member

Hi guys, looking at buying my next car soon, Just wondering what people would recommend for something to use as a daily but good to use at the track now and then, budgets under 6K, im 19 and have an extra 2K to the side for insurance,
    been looking at 350z's, s13+14's, turbo'd mx5's and the likes, just wondering what other alternatives are out there and builds people may have done for around the same price.

Cheers

2. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Is 2k enough for insurance - have you got some example quotes for those cars to see what you will be paying??

Half the companies might turn round and refuse to even quote?

3. Farrell

Farrell Member

I would check that you will even be offered a quote on those cars at your age.

I would recommend honda Integra DC2 if you haven't considered that already

4. docwra

docwra Active Member

STOP. Take a look at the URL of the website you are on - DRIFTworks, the clue is in the name.

350Z if you can afford one, MX5 if you cant. Everything else will be old or unreliable, or old and unreliable.

5. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

There's a nice AE86 Levin Zenki for sale on here at £5k at the moment ;) haha

6. RyanHUK

RyanHUK New Member

Yeah ive done the quotes, 350z is 1600, s13 and 14 are both 1800 and Mx5 with modifications declared comes to 1400

7. RyanHUK

RyanHUK New Member

I've never been a fan of the front ends on them i don't know why, i love the trueno's though....i guess pop ups just get me going haha

8. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

8k into a car at 19. Personally I think you're a bit mad but each to their own eh?
    A friend has just bought a 350z as a daily and its nice. I know you seem to be rolling in cash but take running costs into consideration. An mx5 would be cheaper over all, just dont buy a dog.

9. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

You double checked those qoutes? I.e not just on a price comparison site as that's suspicously cheap for a 19year old. You'll probably find out you need to fit a black box or something shit

10. OllieEN

OllieEN Member

E36 328 any good on insurance? A good one is hard to find but with that kind of money you can find a well looked after sport coupe pretty easily and have many pennies left on top for other bits

11. zornyan

zornyan Guest

E36s fall into quite high category insurance groups. Mines worked out the same as sbodys etc.

That insurance quotes seem strange. Agree with initial j that you need to ring up and check

12. docwra

docwra Active Member

One of the lads who works for me (23) said he got quoted £1500 FC on a DBS the other day, and £1300 on a F Type Jag.

[​IMG]

13. RyanHUK

RyanHUK New Member

Yeh, ive called up one company today, the prices are correct and without a box so its all good

14. RyanHUK

RyanHUK New Member

Yeah i know what you mean, im half tempted to get a mx5 just purely on the fact id have plenty of money to do one up, however would want one thats already been turbo'd simply down to it being more cost effective to buy one thats had it done rather than doing it yourself, but that to the side the only ones i can find have massive milage

15. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

Have you driven one NA?

16. gaz_moose

gaz_moose .MTM.

i though all young people drove limited edition corsa's?????????????

17. initial_j

initial_j Made guy

out of interest who the hell is offering to insure a 19 year old on a 350z for £1600? genuinley interested

ive had ten years of performance cars with one small accident, live in a very nice area and id still have to pay more than that!

18. RyanHUK

RyanHUK New Member

Ive had a go of one of my mates, im not saying i want a really fast car or a car that will drift easier by getting a turbo'd one, id just like to have a car thats faster than my current car thats also more fun to drive and RWD, no more of this Euro FWD crap. I did think they were quite slow maybe why i was looking more at a 350z.

To me i have two options, get a more expensive car like a 350z or a car thats already been built up like an 200sx etc etc,
    or i could get a mx5 to do up myself or a 200sx or other car to build up for around 6K if i go with building my own car a mx5 is probably the more viable option the only problem i find with it is the cost of getting a stock N/A and turbocharging it? This is where im a little confused what the best route is to spend under 6K on a car or a build and what people reccomend is the best option

19. RyanHUK

RyanHUK New Member

It was Endsleigh insurance for £1586.16

Not too shabby haha called them up thats correct 8000miles with no box

20. Farrell

Farrell Member

Chill out. just a suggestion.