New Type of Drifting Event

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by linkheroz, Jul 3, 2015.

1. linkheroz

linkheroz New Member

I have been talking to someone who runs club events and has shown support to organising a new kind of drift event.

If I can generate some interest and get a format that works, they are willing to host it and see how it goes.

What I have in mind is a Autosolo style event. Cones and a course but with markers on corners for you to pass over. E.G. 3 x's for you to place between the wheelbase of your car. Gaining points for ones you pass over and losing points for ones you miss/hit.

Any input changes? If I can get something that should work, I can get some interest and get it to happen.

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Err, that's how qualifying is on all drift events.
    They're called clipping points.
    You gain points for passing over them, losing points for the ones you miss.

My input is that's how drift comps have been since the dawn of drift comps.
    You're reinventing a wheel by doing an identical wheel.

3. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

Like Stav says, you want to organise a drift competition when you don't appear to have been to a drift competition or understand how they work...

I am guessing you drift an MX5, probably 'British Racing' green...

Ian. :p

4. Pilkboid

Pilkboid Member

Personaly i think this is a great idea and dont think the sarcastic undertones of the comments are needed. The other day i came up with a new kind of motorsport. Basicly, you get about 10 cars on a track. They all line up on a grid. They then proceed to "race" round a track. Bare with me, this is the best bit... the first one to cross the finnish line after a number of laps wins.

5. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Surely not the legendary Matt Graham, drifter, gamer, music lover?

Also, I've invented a new type of Autotest where you do an Autotest, and if you are quickest and make the least mistakes, you win.

That my friend, is fucking genius, it could actually revolutionise what we do with cars, and give a real use for all these race circuits in the UK that are currently fairly pointless. Bravo.

6. Pilkboid

Pilkboid Member

I'm glad you like it. I was thinking i would not get any good feedback as i know its a bit "out there" and as for the auto testing... were do you get these crazzzy ideas from? I cant believe no one has thought of it before!