Random Wheel Question -

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Pilkboid, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Pilkboid

Pilkboid Member

So with diamond racing steels being hassle to get sent over,after a bit of research I stumbled upon D mod steals for a Jeep Cheroke also 5x114 which is what i need for my 13. They are 16x8 with et -00. The centre bore is 71.6. Has anyone ever run spigots on steel wheels as my centre bore is 66.1.

TyresDirect - 16x8 Black D Mod 5X114 ET00 (Jeep) -
    Spigot Rings / 71.6mm - 66.1mm FULL SET OF (4) FOUR RINGS

Will these go on with the correct spigots or am I being mental? The centre bore on the pick looks huge but as stated it is only 71.6.

Is there any reason this wont work?

2. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

With the correct nuts the wheels will centre themselves. Just makes them a bit of a pain to fit.

3. Pilkboid

Pilkboid Member

what do you mean by the correct nuts mate? as in what ones would I need? Does that mean I wouldnt need the spigots then?

Cheers

4. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Are your standard nuts tapered or radius seats? They aren't really needed as the bolts/studs take all the force.
    I run e39 wheels on my 36 no problems, the gap will be larger in the centre of those steels but not a problem really. Just make sure they centre as you tighten the nuts.

5. Pilkboid

Pilkboid Member

Cheers for the info mate. The spigots are only a couple of quid so i might just get them anyway. And no my nuts are not tappered just normal. Now all i have to work out is et0 going to be tooo stupid on a 13. Its running spacers atm any way on et30 8j wheels so if its to mad i geus i can just take the spacers off. Anyone had any props with front brake clearance on 8j 16 steels?