What's the best I can get for 3500GBP ?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by DanielzZz, Feb 4, 2016.

1. DanielzZz

DanielzZz Member

Hi,fellas !
    So I sold my E36 in order to buy a RHD S14 for just 2750eur.It was sold hours before I came to see the car,due to shitty luck and owner being superficial.Anyway,what options do I have on that budget ? I have discovered that prices of RWD cars have gone through the roof.Found a 1JZ VVTi Soarer on pistonheads.Its an auto,but will be converted to a BMW manual gearbox.Couldn't find a nice S14 for the money,and I'm not driving a CA or RHD S13 (I live in a LHD country and we have plenty of those,except they're LHD),except if it's a coupe.

2. lewyS14a

lewyS14a Active Member

Auto Soarers drift well enough felt like a heavier S-body to me to be honest and if your planning on converting it anyway theres no real worries there.

3. DanielzZz

DanielzZz Member

Drifting with an auto ? Well I've mastered the open diff,no handbrake drifting...sound like another fun challenge. :D But that's just one option.What else can I buy with the money ?

I forgot - It's supposed to be a street car,so no interior stripping.Heavy will be heavy.
    BTW,I don't know where to look for that model,so this is the only one I found.I'm not very happy with the interior,but it's my only choice for now.
    Used 1997 Lexus Soarer for sale in Lancashire | Pistonheads

4. lewyS14a

lewyS14a Active Member

Mine was a street car as well with a full interior too and a welded diff. Heavy wise they do weigh more but what I mean was more the feel in comparison to a S-body there wasn't the great urgency to change direction in it things just happened a little slower but felt smoother if that makes sense ? . With regard to the Auto box you can mod the shifter so that you can change gear with out having to press down the button on the top wich makes it a lot more bearable.

5. Struggle

Struggle Active Member

Save more and buy an s body of some sort. Everything else is crap in comparison and will cost you a load more.

6. docwra

docwra Active Member

An old, high mileage or Cat D 350Z, you might just scrape one for £3500.

7. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

this is rigth you know

8. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

are you close to buy a nissan s body ??

i think is the best oprion you have

9. DanielzZz

DanielzZz Member

Hmm,never thought prices were that low.I know the 350z is great for drifting,straight out of the factory (except for the sh*tty LSD). However,how high are the prices on spare parts compared to S/R-chassis and JZ* chassis ?
    Yeah,I know what you are talking about.I guess it has a longer wheelbase and that helps for a smoother weight shift.
    Also,the 1J sound.This is the thing that puts it in front of the other competitors in my budget.

10. Lucasdemoley

Lucasdemoley Member

THis. Keep an eye out and some have popped up under the £3k mark. Obviously they aren't going to be mint but it is a drifter after all, depends how much work you want to put in at the end of the day.

11. DanielzZz

DanielzZz Member

I will,but which websites to look in ? I'm only aware of the dw forum and pistonheads.

12. OBEE

OBEE Member

13. Lucasdemoley

Lucasdemoley Member

Gumtree, Ebay, 350z forum.

14. Lucasdemoley

Lucasdemoley Member

OH, I happened to be watching the copart auctions today, including fees ect, a couple of 350z's went through at under £2k. Note they were both catC and would have needed some work/ VIC to get back on the road.

15. Michael7s

Michael7s Member

there no vic anymore,so you just buy and apply for a logbook

16. Michael7s

Michael7s Member

17. Lucasdemoley

Lucasdemoley Member

Most insurance companies will expect a vehicle inspection after an accident to confirm repairs/ roadworthiness.

18. DanielzZz

DanielzZz Member

Hey guys ! Just wanted to post a quick update.I acquired this machine for exactly 1975 gbp(didn't buy it from the UK,just converting from Bulgarian currency).It's got some basic mods like a t28bb turbo,hks intercooler,kakimoto racing 76mm exhaust and some sort of suspension (non-coilover).[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will be starting a project thread soon.

19. bennyboi

bennyboi Member

Bargain!! I'd drive a left hooker for that price over here for that price!