to build or buy (the noob of the day)

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by pippins, Feb 12, 2016.

1. pippins

pippins New Member

Hey,
    so time to try get a fairly easy car together for some fun. we wanted an mx5 for the last week and then amongst all the rotten perished stuff I saw a nissan 180 shell local. around 1100 that's for a roller minus a driver seat ecu gearbox and engine as far as we know atm until tonight were going to have a look. so that's got me thinking a bit about spending over an mx5. we can get a seat and would get a stock motor.
    To get it we would want to get this mot'd and running for around 2. I suppose were looking for help to find guys to supply the parts in 100% condition as possible we don't want any duds with no comp or damaged. either that or find a mx. we want to get to the track one day an have fun. hope everyone has a good Friday :dw::thumbs:

[​IMG]

2. chodjinn

chodjinn Active Member

^^ if that is 1100 you will struggle to get it running and MOT'd for 2k. For a start the bonnet/wings/bumper/lights/seats are gonna cost you about 500. You can pick up a running MOT'd MX5 for a couple of grand easy.

3. pippins

pippins New Member

its there just not in the pic

4. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

You'll still struggle, building cars gets expensive fast.
    Unless you have access to a cheap Srde with everything I'd buy a mx5.

5. keggy

keggy Member

is that front end road even road legal?

6. pippins

pippins New Member

7. pippins

pippins New Member

expect this in the classified section soon, we passed on it Thanks for the time tho guys^^

8. MR.T

MR.T DRIFT RETARDED

I'd buy it and build it up over a rusty old slow peice of shit mx5.

After buying my s14 shell I took my time buying cheap bargins that pop up and mine so far from a rolling shell that now has kei office coils, 11x18 and 9x17, over fenders, full ss exhaust, apexi filter, boss and mono, tubbed and painted engine bay, zenki headlights, good engine that's had some work, gearbox, paddle clutch and probably some over shit. So far I've spent about £2000 and but my shell needed welding and was only £100

#8 MR.T, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2016