***need help with new development!!!***

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by jthrasher45, Aug 25, 2016.

1. jthrasher45

jthrasher45 New Member

hey everyone I'm an amateur drifter and developer over in the USA. i have developed a prototype for a tire sprinkler system that would be used to spray water, or any kind of coolant onto your tires with just a click of a button to protect from tire overheating, tire wear and tear, and leaves more money in your pocket. I would like to mass produce and try to get in the hands of amateur and professional drifters. i would just like to know how high would the demand be for this type of technology over in that area or just any area. please respond with opinions and ideas, along with where you are located and what you think of the idea. Thanks in advance

Jason, with Rustic Customs :D

2. Elonexx

Elonexx Member

Interesting idea, similar to water cooled brakes on trucks I guess!

My initial thoughts would be, part of drifting is the tyre smoke, which would be lost with wet tyres, like drifting in the rain?

Also, rigging two pipes and sprayers to your wash bottle could achieve the same thing? Currently used like this for intercooler/rad sprayers. Not to put down your idea, there could well be demand for a sorted proper system, but I'm not sure.

Just my thoughts, and good luck!

3. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

You will never overcome the heat/wear when drifting, that's what its all about.

I see no benefit whatsoever therefore I'm out.

4. jthrasher45

jthrasher45 New Member

Thanks for your input, i understand the smoke is a big part of the sport but in the region i live in, there's a lot of people that like to just go mess around and not try to blow clouds of smoke because we've always just went through town sideways drifting so the less cloud the less likely you are to get caught my the cops! haha but thanks for your input!

5. jthrasher45

jthrasher45 New Member

and no your will never just completely be able to overcome all heat and wear and tear but from my point of view if you could buy this system for 50-75$ and it could cut your initial wear of tires by almost half just by keeping the temp down wouldn't it be worth it? a one time purchase that is less than the price of a new tire to begin with? thanks for your input

6. ali///art

ali///art Member

Remmo made a system to do this for his drift taxi, primarily to allow the rear tyres to respond similar to dry conditions, with the extra weight of 3 passengers onboard, and be kinder on the stock M5 drivetrain. A bonus was the tyres lasting a little bit longer giving the passengers a longer experience, alternatively giving out more passenger rides for less cost of tyres. You also need to take into account the weight of all that water carried on board, which can surge and make the back end unpredictable with weight changes.

For competition use, definitely not viable, and for use in the UK pointless as our weather is plenty wet enough, plus if anybody did want to do this it can be rigged up for a whole lot less than you are advertising.

7. bennyboi

bennyboi Member

I remember seeing a lad on V300mania had exactly this rigged up on a 340, but then again a 340 doesn't really smoke anyway.
    I think that would be the only, and fairly small, market. Low powered piss about cars.

8. reeperR32

reeperR32 Drift-Street-Imports

sorry to be blunt but its just plain stupid buddy!!

In already what is a very niche sport (if we can even call it that currently) I would struggle to even find 1 person who will want water sprayed onto there tyres when drifting

99% of drivers (new or pro) will say they prefer drifting in the dry NOT wet so there would be of no benefit to creating a damp situation on a dry day....

Just wont work for your chosen market buddy im afraid ;)

9. chodjinn

chodjinn Active Member

Demand? Fuck all mate. Spraying water onto a tyre isn't going to do anything really. Drifting eats tyres from abrasion/friction. Put your energy into something else, seriously.

10. Leno

Leno Member

Terry grant uses something similar on his little car. Also seen it on some old old cars at pod?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

11. tomsheen

tomsheen Active Member

Buddy of mine did it on his car years ago for streeto with a washer bottle cost him nothing to rig up and did save abit on tyres but not much and as said above when the tank ran a little low the surge would make it spray on and off and it was just like hitting puddles he took it out because it just wasn't worth it. Can't see anyone paying for it anyway