Windscreens/Glass

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Lidders, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Lidders

Lidders Member

Hello all,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section or not allowed?

Would there be any interest in glass at all for any makes or models?

Currently gathering lots of prices for glass for most popular imports.

I've asked specifically for heated screens to be made to accommodate track/drift cars.

Standard OEM glass will also be available. All glass is made here in the UK and has all relevant certifications for UK roads, made by one of the leading manufactures.

They will be sensibly priced to market. All vehicle glass will be available, currently sorting out postage options as shipping will be rather costly and a huge risk, especially if a customer has to wait 4/6 weeks for there glass to be made.

A drive in drive out option will also be available from our address, Fitted by professionals. Or you have the option of supply only and you can collect from us.

This is a new adventure for myself and my family who have been in the windscreen business for 20+ years collectively. Any advice would be much appreciated. Any questions feel free to ask. Any input is great good or bad.

2. Adam-MGTF

Adam-MGTF Member

Id be interested in a 300zx heated screen :) price as always is everything

3. Lidders

Lidders Member

Can i ask, have you looked around for one before? Ive been doing alot of research on most import cars and finding glass is very tough. Have you struggled finding glass for your 300zx? Would you be wanting it delivered? As i think this will be our biggest problem, as its going to cost a small fortune to package (i.e a wooden crate stuffed with packaging + pallet rate to be delivered) safely to minimize any transporting damage.

4. Adam-MGTF

Adam-MGTF Member

300 screens are cheap second hand. but that will change

Id hate to try and find a screen for my 4 door skyline :/

Im more interested in a heated one for the 300 as it's a track only car

5. Lidders

Lidders Member

Heated screens cheap second hand? I have got prices for nissans, s13/14/15 skyline r32/r33/r34 2 & 4 door.

6. redlinezak

redlinezak Member

Could you PM me a price for heated front screen for an S14 please if you already have these?

Are there any options for lighter front screens for track only cars or does that become dangerous?

Thanks

Nath

7. dan_gsxr

dan_gsxr Member

just out of interest, if I was after a a heated screen for a e36. how do they wire in? just need a switch, relay and wiring?

8. Lidders

Lidders Member

Unfortunately we will only be suppling Oem spec windscreens. I'm unsure if you can get lighter versions if I'm honest.
    Once everything is in place I will speak to driftworks trade account teams and go from there. If not keep a eye out on Facebook drift pages.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

9. Lidders

Lidders Member

Would recommend you hunting down a wiring diagram online if your doing it yourself. If not asking a auto electrician.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk