Anyone interested in doing some shows this year? Track, japshow, japfest etc?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Adam-MGTF, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Adam-MGTF

Adam-MGTF Member

Yawn city for the cool people who grace these pages with their presence I'm sure. BUT. I want to do some shows this year.

I think some of the bigger UK shows need a stand that shows off UK drifting. From scene queens and lifestyles to comp cars.

Anyone up for it?

Hard park like a boss and enjoy some banter?

- - - Updated - - -

Trax not track

Fuck auto correct

2. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

You want a stand to show off all the worst parts of the 'scene'??

3. Mikey637

Mikey637 Member

Each to their own mate, just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't, it'd be a good excuse for you to not to come along [emoji1362]

4. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Drift cars are drift cars and show cars are show cars.
    Maybe hard park at a drift event if that makes you happy?

5. Mikey637

Mikey637 Member

Pretty sure drift cars and show cars can be the same thing? Probably not super clean but I'd rather see a nicely done car that looks like it's had some use than see a trailer queen being robbed of its potential. It's all about the small details as opposed to wheels and lows

6. r3k1355

Well I wouldn't wanna stand anywhere near Tossers that are into 'Hard Parking' anyway.
    Fucking moronic.

Perhaps all the kids who like to pretend can organise their own pretend show??

7. Mikey637

Mikey637 Member

Hard parking basically just means a static meet? Haven't you ever met up with like minded people and sat about chatting bollocks? Go be a cunt elsewhere and let this guy do as he wishes, reading the OP it sounds like he basically just wants to get a few people on a stand at an existing show?

8. r3k1355

I'm not into sitting around with a bunch of try-hards and listening to whatever bollocks they've got to say to be honest.

If you wanna join in the scene/lifestyler stand at Trax go well ahead.

9. Mikey637

Mikey637 Member

Whatever stand you're not on will be good enough for me, who the fuck cares if someone does something different to their car as long as they aren't a complete cock

10. Adam-MGTF

Adam-MGTF Member

I love how people waste so much time on the internet just to prove how little they can bring to society.

BDC, BTCC and even F1 teams have stands at shows like autospot. I suppose Sebastian Vettle is a lifestyler though.

Mikey, your right. I want to go to existing shows because I enjoy looking at other cars. I enjoy everything about modified motors and I enjoy talking to people who are into different things. My s14 has a shaved engine bay because I saw it on a vw and liked it. My practice car is a Mercedes not a e36 after I talked to an owner last year at a show and heard how much bang for buck they are.

Anyway. My point is. I'm going to some car shows this year because I enjoy it.

If anyone would be interested in parking up as a group. I'll organise something. If not I'll park up on my own

11. Mikey637

Mikey637 Member

Give me a pm Adam, I go with F-Lawless to most shows as it's a proper mix of cars, feel free to join us lot and I'll happily join you for the shows flawless aren't attending [emoji1303]

12. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

If people build clean drift cars it's usually to drift them, the ones that don't usually attend shows. Not to say everyone does.
    If you walk round the carpark at a bdc/driftcup event that has a show on the side there are better cars in the car park every time. Generally these people don't show they drive.

As for autosport that's a slightly different show, I'd love to see you get your drift car in the hall there. Bdc and wrc cars are built to showcase company's products/builds hence being there.

13. MaccyD

MaccyD Active Member

[​IMG]

Never seen someone get so pissed off and have to tell everyone theyre so pissed off over something so trivial lol. I will be at a bunch this year, as mentioned its just a good reason to go and hang out with some mates.