Drivers beware

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by SkylineLou, Nov 12, 2007.

1. SkylineLou

SkylineLou Member

I would just like to make everyone on here aware of the fake that is Autotorque. Since June 26th of this year he has been stringing me along offering me sponsorship for drifting. Offering me the drive of one of two S14s he apparently has and a lot more in the deal too. He offered me full support on my car till his were ready to drive. In reallity he actually only turned up to the final at Wales to get ejected from the site. And he helped Terry out with Open Battle. So for 5 months sponsorship of offering me a lot, i ended up with £100 and entry fee paid into Open Battle. Im writing this because I want to warn you all not to get involved with this guy because he is a fake. He didnt even have the balls to tell me himself that he couldnt really offer me sponsorship, I found out off another driver, even now after numerous calls, emails and texts he still wont face upto it and tell me himself. Im not the only person to be offered sponsorship by Autotorque, he also offered the world to a few other drivers too. Im sure they will reply to this.

2. Dunx

Dunx Member

:( Sorry to hear it Lou... but Im sure theres better things in the pipework for you ;)

3. Hexham-Scotty

Hexham-Scotty skylinepart.com

fraud, beware

The guy is a fraud, offered me full sponsorship next year and funding to build Lou a car, then as Lou has already said we found out from other drivers that was no longer the case, and now he has vanished, I have heard he also dropped Eurodrift in it.
    Any one else ?? been promised the earth by this dreamer ??

If you have the balls to reply Jay (autotorque) try phoning me, or if you reply on here keep it short and to the point so people do not get bored with your long winded BULL.

If you turn up to an event next year steer well clear of me mate.

4. lozza

lozza ChickFoot FTW!

Oh dear :( its a shame to hear of more mishaps regarding next years competitions.

I really hope you both get sponsorship sorted for next year, as you both deserve it.

5. Chris_200SX

Chris_200SX -NightWalkers-

tis a shame it has had to come to this, but i am also annoyed at how this has ended up. myself and crosshatch were planning next years competition on the sponsorship offered by Autotorque :mad: oh well back to square 1 :wack:

6. sammysideways

sammysideways Active Member

sorry to hear bout this lou. i know what it feels like.

wish i could even get the offer of sponsorship, your a very good driver and im sure someone out there will give you the chance you deserve

7. Beezy

Beezy Pimp slider!

I hate it when so called business people are like this, they really mess it you for others and make them suffer, Thanks for the warning and i will be keeping a eye out for this fraudster!!!!

You guys deserve better!!!

8. ren_juanjo

ren_juanjo buttercakes!!

i know myself and two others have also been offered sponsorship next year, it did seem a little too good to be true. perhaps Jay will be able to clear this up - after all isnt it himself and Simon Perry that just paid dan the £2500 ?

9. DriftLexus

DriftLexus BDC Scrutineer

no he didnt pay Dan the money, he had nothing to do with paying it, Si and Terry paid the money, Dan even says so in his post,..... infact i hear thats another thing that Jay said he would do...but didnt

#9 DriftLexus, Nov 12, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  10. robrs2

robrs2 Active Member

Sorry to here you guys

11. Hexham-Scotty

Cheers mate, prefered the unedited post lol

12. Daniel san

Daniel san Member

Yeah to confirm from me personally, at first I was under the impression that Si and Jay would be covering the money to me, but on speaking to Si earlier he tells me Jay hasn't offered up anything at all other than further problems by empty promises.

13. robrs2

robrs2 Active Member

Err yes well. All anyone needs to do is a google search i'll say no more as i could be wrong :wave:

14. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Maybe its me, but didnt someone smell something when he suddenly sprang up from the start?

Giving it the biggun and offering sponsorship and big plans left right and centre, it just seemed mega suspect to me from the start, when, as far as I could gather, he wasnt anybody, just someone who has organised a few crappy local meets/cruises/forum type crap.

Sucks that he did that to people though :( Esp to people who really are talented and would do well from some sponsorship.

#14 Stavros, Nov 12, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  15. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

I spoke to him at Pod, he was giving it big about how he was going to save eurodrift, and i did ask him what HE was getting out of it.

He stated all he wanted was the advertising on sky sports, and for that would clear all the debts.

I heard from others though, that he put up 12.5k for something???

16. Hexham-Scotty

Yes we all thought it was to good to be true but gave him the benefit of the doubt for a while, seemed less likely when we heard how many people were being offered a deal, he obviously did not realise that drifters talk to each other. Dick

17. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

No sponsorship??? But it looks like you are his teams drift car!!!

autotorque - Viewing Profile

18. sidewayssi

sidewayssi Member

where do i start, yes i also was promised a turbo and scotty can confim this ,
    this is a email sent to me from j

Simon as agreed here is written email confirmation that i hereby agree to raise and have in your possesion by 10th november the sum of £1000 one thousand pounds

Jay

and like loo has said he has now gone from plannet earth not that he was ever on it
    i did not get the money from him not 1 penny

all he wanted to do was act the big i am and all he is , is a 2 bit con man with a 2 bit garage with 1 old car in it with a roll cage. wot a prick well yor con did not work this time ..

and i second scotty dont up turn up too an event and come near me. as wot you have dun to every 1 is wrong:mad::mad::mad::mad:

there is a lot more but at this point there is no need for it on here

show some balls and answer

#18 sidewayssi, Nov 13, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  19. Hexham-Scotty

email after hours of waffle on msn

To: info@japimportcar.com
    Subject: Sponsorship info for next year
    Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:50:08 +0000

.ExternalClass .EC_hmmessage P{padding:0px;}.ExternalClass EC_body.hmmessage{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}

Hiya Scotty heres the outline as promised

firtsly you and louise have been put forward for our joint sponsored cars this project is funded in part by the welsh assembly government, the wales tourism and leisure board and ourselves under the cymru drift alliance banners this is a project hat is aimed at promoting the sports both in and out of wales, (the remaining 2 seats on this have been filled by welsh drivers marc cheshire and chris hackwood.

We run this program as part of the tcs organisations commitment to motorsports tcs racing is a non profit oganisation designed at promoting club level motorsports in controlled enviroments (much like englands cruise sport programe)

The welsh assembly got involved after i approached them for funding to build some sort of facility that could be used as a training school for many club sports events, including workshops testing, build assistance etc etc they jumped at the idea and this partnership was formed the welsh assembly match fund 50% of all the lead teams costs.
    They are now looking for suited land for us to build a circuit and school of motorsports academy on, at wich the team drivers will become salaried trainers if they so wish to, this facility will become availible to all motorsports clubs test days etc etc although it being purpose built and designed to drift on.

We will help you with the following,

Running costs all the day to day things needed to keep your cars on the road
    repair costs following race or practice failure
    cost of entry to all events you race in under the team banner
    help with securing further sponsorship
    £500 towards graphics or paint job that includes our logo somewhere
    tyres we will supply half of the tyres needed for you to compete during the year, these may be part worns from germany (current supplier) but where availible direct from the suppliersto your door in one drop
    £50 contribution towards fuel on any event covered within 2.5 hr drive then scaled accordingly £80 & £100 max contribution
    Hotel room to sleep a max of 3 adults on any event that requires overnight stay unless by prior arangement (i.e if youd rather have food beer and camp with us lot then we supply all meals etc sod the hotel take the money i dint see ya lol)
    plus as we said 50% of your toal costs of keeping the cars out there and competetive back, this is usualy awarded in april and september accordingly and is initialy based on estimates supplied by driver/owner

in addition my workshops will provide the following
    cost of entry into any race not covered under ukda banner i.e eurodrift,edc,other regional events
    supply of all fluids oils, lubes from molyslip (free of charge)
    supply of halo spark plugs
    automatic entry into the invitational challenge for a full sponosored seat in 09 season
    quarterly £500 payment towards costs expsepnse etc
    supply of reasonably requested bolt ons, i.e items needed to keep the car competetive as opossed to items for cosmetics
    unlimited technical and engineer support, we have guys working on active aero's and ceramic parts intergration working with you we would like to develop prototype development and parts testing, obviously any parts will be yours to do with as you see fit when it comes to chosing the test car.
    transport we will help where we can i know talk of investing in a 4 car transporter has been said so will go without saying your cars will be shipped in style lol
    also we will cover certain bolt on parts as agreed for the development of lous car as i know she doesnt want to take gher own to far me and you will talk further and work out a budget for this that we both agree on as it varies car ot car obviously
    plus upto £3000 a year in other upgrade parts, either as parts or funding for
    from our additonal sponsors you will get various items ranging from tyres to turbos, zorsts to decat pipes basicaly whatever they throw at us goes your way theres also few bits and bobs not gone over here but pretty much rule of thumb is if the budgets there then its gonna get a yes, once the evnts start rolling all the proffits will be going into a drivers fund, this will be for things like roll cages, safety equipment so anything you need along those lines will come from that pot

what do we ask in retun, well in its simplest form the ard logo that is on my car doors is more than enough as far as what we want on the car,
    We would like you to attend on our behalf and compete in certain events during the year, this is subject to agreement by us and drivers where your racing under tcs name or colours all costs associated will be picked up

only other thing i ask of the drivers is they have fun doing the sport and give our crew the ocassional passenger ride lol

you will find as lous probably said im pretty laid back with things, if it can be done or i can find a way to get it then i will do my best to help ya,

anymore questions feel free to contact me, workshops are on 01978841363 mon-fri

speak soon
    stay safe

Jay

A week later we find out he has changed his mind without telling either myself or Louise

20. Sam H

Sam H Troll Dispatch

Fuck me. That offer was too good to be true. You drift for completely free everywhere you want to and we even pay your fuel and hotels.

Far too good to be true. Maybe he sat down and figured out how much it would actually cost him and had a heart attack.

All for putting stickers on your car???

Ouch. Now wonder you guys are pissed off.