Nagano Koubou...

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Roughsmoke, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Roughsmoke

Roughsmoke Active Member

Hi all..

Some Nagano koubou love for you peeps:

Nagano Koubou

2. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Badass car, but, maybe I'm the wrong audience here, but using Japanese words/phrases without any explanation of wtf they mean, and saying stuff like " 'Late Riser' and 'Tinker'.. If you don't know these names then shame on you" just shouts of "Look how JDM I am, I know all these words and names, and if you don't then I'm better than you" while the actual feature has pretty much zero info on the car/spec at all, then suddenly ends.

I guess people who want to show how JDM and in to the scene they are is more who it's aimed at than people actually in to cars. I dunno.

3. Roughsmoke

Roughsmoke Active Member

Hi Stavros,

Thanks for the feedback. My site isn't really set for full features until March/April onwards when I'll be in Japan full time, sorry if the feature wasn't as full with information thus far.

I'm far from ''I'm JDM' lol and yes I love cars but I suppose theres lots of sites out there that post all the info but know nothing about the reverse but we all share the love for drifting and cars so that's good enough for me :) , my site is more, look at the different styles in Japan. I'm more a style person than look at how many horses or numbers the cars have, but it's good we're all different.

I'll try to include more in depth info for future work for those that like that side of things. Thanks again :)

(re worded just for you <3 )

#3 Roughsmoke, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  4. Ollie

Ollie LOOSE!

I'm in the same boat as the above. Not to mention that even with my limited knowledge / interest its not 'just the right amount of onikyan' - its just a bit of camber. Onikyan cars are devoted to having their wheels look broken, that looks like its running -7 degrees, am I wrong? Stop trying to drop words in to be more japanese and just be real.

The photos are alright, the site is a nice place to be - though could you please direct the links to your features to open in same window and keep the navigation bar up top so that I can get back to read more articles.

The writing though, fuck man, work on your writing. I don't know if English is your native language and I'm not trying to dissuade you from doing what you're doing as you're making a pretty decent effort, but phrases like this;

"But more so as it boasts that raw grassroots feeling as the high walls of the surrounding hills just feels like everyone is together so much more in having a good time as opposed to worrying about who has actually won anything."

Are so poorly formed that I lose interest in whatever point you're trying to make. The spelling mistakes and your use of punctuation (or lack of) don't do anything to support the obvious effort you've made to document and present your work professionally.

5. Roughsmoke

Roughsmoke Active Member

Onikyan is just a term to describe the cambered look but yes indeed you're right there are extreme and lesser extreme amounts, I suppose the former is just more common outside of Japan (in what they see from Japan), so can see where your leaning to.

Thanks again for the feedback though, all correspondence is taken on board, but at present It is still more of casual site than anything so I'm not too focused on certain areas being so busy with the move. But it's good to know what people see, or want to see as that can only help for the future.

In anyone has any ideas for types of feature (including much improved gramma) then by all means let me know.

(Sorry, forgot to say the HTML for the bar at the top is needing addressing yes I noticed. Still trying some new coding for this, so will see how it goes.)

#5 Roughsmoke, Jan 30, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  6. miffy

miffy Member

Looks nice , probly the first 13 ive seen that pull them kinda arches off , looks kooool