Midengine skids

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by PieRat, May 21, 2015.

1. PieRat

PieRat New Member

Stupid layout, dont drift, snappy car.

but loads of fun!

Ill be skidding at lydden every month hopefully :D
    probably visit DWYB later in the year again too.

2. david_connoll

david_connoll Member

Had a go once in an mr2 turbo, I'd a s14 at the time, Jesus it was hard going. Didn't feel like drifting, more felt like just trying to catch the front wheels up with the back wheels, amazing grip in straight line though.

3. wigwambam

wigwambam Member

That looks quite good fun actually with the skills you have there, is that one still on the road?

The MR2 I am doing up had 4 non matching ditchfinders fitted before I sorn'd it and I was struggling to make it slide in anything but a questionably short, inconsistent and pants shittingly terrifying fashion. So much weight swinging behind you feels weird. Grips like a motherfucker though like you say. I should really do more rust chopping and finally get it back on the road but I just can't see an end to it at the moment though. Fiddly fecking front suspension mounts, integral front subframe horror and two sill floors of pure rust are making me want to just chuck it on a van and abuse it at pod the longer I keep it now.

4. docwra

docwra Active Member

Some of the best drifty fun Ive had has been in the Missus bone stock mk3 MR2 - its really hard work as you have to be so committed and fast, but so rewarding when you get it right :)

If youre doing that on stock power then fair play, you will probably find youll need more speed, more lift off and more shift lock in the dry though :)

5. PieRat

PieRat New Member

Tis my daily driver :D

Had a go at lydden in the dry with my road tyres on and 30 psi all round and it will still step out quite predictably.
    so with 70psi in the back should be fairly reasonable speeds to keep it going.

Its stock power with an LSD, got coilovers and some more lock now though.

[​IMG]