Hayabusa turbo mini

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Mighty_Mini, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Mighty_Mini

Mighty_Mini Go!Go!Auto

2. Ed

Ed Anti-Dibs

Mini's with bodykits are gayer than George Micheal bumming Elton John :euge:

It was only a matter of time before someone did the turbo 'busa swap :nod:

And FYI alot of people have done bike engined minis for less than the Z cars kit, incuding buying the engine :eek: He is a pioneer, but not a legend IMHO

3. Mighty_Mini

Mighty_Mini Go!Go!Auto

well from the name, you may have guessed thats what im into. I know Zcars is pretty damn expensive, but the workman ship is top notch. There are already a few Busa minis already about, several which have sold on ebay for pretty pennies although ive never seen one sound quite as nice as that!

When we went to the nurburgring this year with the mini forum there was a Zcars Civic Type R Mini. 23k he spent on it :wack: It was a genuine cooper and was unfortunatly written off exiting the karrosel bottoming out.

If you have the knowlege and dont fear the welder, anthing is possible :thumbs:

EDIT - yes, mini's with kits = wank...

4. Ed

Ed Anti-Dibs

I'm also quite partial to classic minis, and was going to say check out my mini on minibusa.co.uk but my brother has swagged the website for his work stuff :wack:

A few years ago, me and a mate approached Chris with the idea of seeing if its possible to do a Z Cars conversion in a weekend at British Mini Showdown at Long Marston Airfield. He was keen, but wouldn't do anything financially to help :(

I'd love to have a go in one, but cant see it been fun enough to warrant to expense, not when classic minis are so much fun as they are standard :D

5. Ali

Ali 4x4via

Please please Ed do something with your mini, i've never been into them but yours got me all excited haha! Or give it me and i'll restore it and fit a silly engine :D what other swaps are there? I don't know any small engines, R5 engine fit?

6. chip-3door

chip-3door Member

Im building one with a calibra turbo engine, front mounted though.

7. Ed

Ed Anti-Dibs

Ali, my brother has plans to keep the A-series, but fit a BMW 1100cc bike engine cylinder head. Apparently theres a conversion kit, and gives good power figures (cant remember off the top of my head)

I seem to remember Watson Racing/Performance or something like that do XE front mounted conversion kits. Also do VTec's too IIRC

8. sideways.taff

sideways.taff - www.tafftune.com -

Yeh, my mate Endaf and Jim Lyons have done just that on Jim's yellow turbo mini. Endaf did the head work himself to convert it to fit the A-series block.

[​IMG]

9. DevilsTower

DevilsTower full of lulz.

There's been a Minimusa in norway for quite a while now, it's really awesome :D

10. Mighty_Mini

Mighty_Mini Go!Go!Auto

chip do you have any pics of your mini?

The BMW K1100 head is ALMOST a straight swap from what ive read. Just some adjustment to waterways needed etc. Impressive to say the least. If its anything like the KAD 16v head then they end up with nigh on double the HP on the 1275 :D

Jims mini is pretty damn good. I remember my days on Turbomini's, hes quite the intelligent fellow and seems pretty sound.

Mines running the watsons rally kit with a 1600 K-series. It looks pretty cack atm but once its mechanically sound i'll start on the cosmetics afterwards. Im not really after a show winner myself, but as long as it performs well 'tidy' will do for me!

I will eventually supercharge the K with an Eaton M45. But after seeing a 1400 K-series @ 14psi produce 190-odd hp im very temped to just turbo it. The guy currently had it on the rolling road at 20psi and 4 runs came back around 330hp. He's a bit scheptical of the results and says it's probably more like 280.. either way, RAPIIIIDDD!!

Here's my mini..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. sideways.taff

sideways.taff - www.tafftune.com -

Yeh, Jims a top bloke and knows his electrics! Him and Endaf make a good team when it comes to Minis! :) Endaf does the machining and stuff and Jimbo does the electrics.

12. Kato

Kato Member

Hey Guys, i work for Powertec Engineering and we built that motor for Chris. It was still std busa capacity @ 1300cc but low comp etc and running a 200sx turbo. It made over 300bhp at the wheels. 0-60 3 secs, 0-100 6secs, standing 1/4 mile in 9 secs.

13. Mighty_Mini

Mighty_Mini Go!Go!Auto

i'm liking those figures :D

14. chip-3door

chip-3door Member

I'll dig some pics out but TBH its not a lot to look at so far, its just a mini with a 1800 vauxhall lump on twin 40s (random engine used for trial fitting about 8 years ago that has been in there since) I bought one of the first ever AMT frames.

I know Matt from 16vmini.com, have done for years when I was running the miniclassic forum, ive always had minis, ive got 2 at the moment in fact and have had as many as 4 at once at some points.

15. Tomm R

Tomm R The Establishment

wuhey Mighty minis K series!

really wish i finished my VVC 1800 mini, got the engine in it got it running then got borred and turned jap :)

cant say i regret it though, minis are to rusty and crusty!

Yess Matt at 16vminishop really is a great help, my k-series project would have got no where if it wasnt for his mass help, I always wanted to do a C20XE vauxhall swap but 200 odd BHP going through a home made subframe isnt the best of ideas!

I Found a CRB1000 engined mini for sale the other day for £2,200 it was SVA'ed aswell.

Any one know if ade has shifted the boggey yet?

#15 Tomm R, Nov 20, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  16. Mighty_Mini

Mighty_Mini Go!Go!Auto

as far as i know, no... which isnt a suprise.. people cant justify buying a mini for that kind of dollar.. even if its sving them loads in the process..

17. chip-3door

chip-3door Member

Mine is going LET, with around 300bhp + 100bhp nitrous jets.

18. MC2

MC2 Active Member

I love Mini's.

Thinking about getting one as my first car :thumbs:

19. jd_usd

jd_usd New Member

Do iv ad minis since i was 14 doing them up an stuff there propa gd cars!!