Rb20det help

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by GunnerG, Oct 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. GunnerG

GunnerG New Member

Hey guys I'm having a problem with my 1993 nissan skyline gtst. It's a overheating/ low oil pressure problem. Here current mods
    Turbo back exhaust
    Front mount inter cooler
    Boost controller
    Z32 maf
    550cc injectors
    Engine is tuned to run 14psi
    So here's the problem. I can drive the car just fine when engine is cold than it take a while to warm up. The temperature rises quick, even to a boilover. The oil pressure will drop so low that the engine stops if at an idle, however if there are about 2000 or greater rpms it will stay running.
    I tried using thicker oil and changed t-stat but neither helped the problem.
    Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Sounds like two different issues.

Am guessing you didn't find oil in the coolant when you changed the thermostat, so when was the water pump last done?

Sounds like the oil pump is on it's last legs or the oil pickup is blocked. Have you had the sump off recently by any chance? Sometimes the silicon sealer used when resealing the sump can fall into the sump and block the pickup if too much is used. Or the sump has been hit and has sealed against the oil pickup so it has reduced flow.

3. Blackett

Blackett No Comment

When the engine's warm and you put the blowers on do you get hot air coming through, or just cold?